Lets spin the wheel again

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Lets spin the wheel again

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Its cup round this weekend..... Wonder who will be putting A team players into the C's again this year :o
See if the new card / photo system makes any difference, doubt it!
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Re: Lets spin the wheel again

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

In fairness only a couple of 'strange' results in round 1 which is good (I think!)

Immanuel 2A losing to Uni SA 4 is the pick of the strange results especially as Uni SA 4 were pretty average last season against an A team that had played Div 1 only a few months ago?? Either loading their lower teams for the first round thinking it was easy OR UniSA 4 have come on a country mile and then some :shock:

Pembroke 4 beating Mt Barker 2B was an ouside strange one when compared to the Pembroke 2B side......

Other than that, I reckon the results went almost to form??
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Immanuel A's result definitely bizarre...

Pembroke's 2B side is their 5th team, so it makes sense.

Great result for Grads Red 1B who were 3-2 down with 10 men, but managed to equalise with a few minutes left and then score in extra time. Equaliser was controversial with ref overruling the linesman's offside flag!
That's it!
ImmanuelDove7

Post by ImmanuelDove7 »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:In fairness only a couple of 'strange' results in round 1 which is good (I think!)

Immanuel 2A losing to Uni SA 4 is the pick of the strange results especially as Uni SA 4 were pretty average last season against an A team that had played Div 1 only a few months ago?? Either loading their lower teams for the first round thinking it was easy OR UniSA 4 have come on a country mile and then some :shock:

Pembroke 4 beating Mt Barker 2B was an ouside strange one when compared to the Pembroke 2B side......

Other than that, I reckon the results went almost to form??

In response to your statement that Immanuel may have loaded our lower teams, I can tell you that we did not. The simple answer to the strange result is simple; our A's went into the match cocky and overconfident and played extremely poorly and were the worst performing team from our club in the cup round. Our B's or 3's could have played Uni SA 4's and won that's how disappointing our A's were. We as a club do not and will not stack our lower teams like other club's in the league, we pride ourselves on being a fair club through and through.
yak

Post by yak »

Happens all the time.
I remember Uni Whites A's (many years ago) losing to the Blues B's in the first round of the Cup & we were the reigning champions.. Too cocky, got what we deserved..