next round draw

Post by crusader »

Hi anyone have any idea when the next round is drawn
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Re: next round draw

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

5 minutes before the games kick off like the seasons fixtures were :lol:
That way some of the teams won't be able to plan who to play down...not that anyone would do that....
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:5 minutes before the games kick off like the seasons fixtures were :lol:
That way some of the teams won't be able to plan who to play down...not that anyone would do that....
Im not sure what you are talking about here. All clubs received the cup fixtures 10 days before round 1 and were fully aware much earlier that there would be a cup game on that weekend. Season fixtures were given to clubs 19 days before kickoff.

Maybe someone from your club is not passing on the info quick enough therefore you only find out 5 mins before kick off.

You keep on going on how clubs stack their teams with players. What clubs do is their own business and I am sure you dont know the whole picture. Everyone keeps on going on about Unley stacking their 3rd team last year. Thats not what happened. It was simply that their A team got knocked out early with the B team and therefore any of those players that normally play in those teams and did not play in the cup game due to injury / suspension or unavailable could now play for the lower teams as they were not cup tied.

As a club why wouldnt you play these players if they could help you win. Its not against the rules.

I would think that the cup draw will be done approx 10 days before the fixture date.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

No one mentioned Unley but let me assure you teams were stacked in round 1 last year and whilst its in the rules of the game it doesn't mean it can't p**s people off! Teams that were given a bye in round 1 were able to play some of their A grade in Div 3 or 4 sides to give them a game.... Its allowable in the rules...no one is arguing that but its also allowable to be unhappy about it.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if they don'y play for Unley!
yak

Post by yak »

Yeah the bye round 1 is an interesting one. A few of us suggested instead of that, have the bottom few teams play off pre round 1 for an opportunity to enter the main draw of the cup. Should then limit the big clubs ability to stack teams!

As for Unley stacking their team... Doesn't matter, a mixed team of A's, B's & C's should still have been no match for an A1 side. I say, well done to Unley (and to Windsor) for making it an all div 3 final last season.
I kept telling the boys at my club - Div 3 was the toughest in the collegiate league last season ;)
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

Agreed! It won't be much easier this time round either from the pre season games I've seen!!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

moving forward. I think each club should be represented in the cup as 1 team only. I have often mentioned this to the league.

Therefore no more cup ties rules etc. No A team playing a D team in the 1st round and winning 17-0. No one wins from these games.

Many lower teams are happy not to enter the cup as they know it is difficult to win and therefore are happy to be out and enjoy the weekends off.

How good would it be if each club was represenetd with one team.

Big games straight off the mark. The whole club can get behind their own team on the day and make it a social event.

Lower teams could just play friendly games against each other before the main game if they wished to play.

This is the way to go in 2013. Great to see the carnival not being played this year as the league has grown beyond that.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

All things stripped down, thats where I was moaning from!
To get a true C and D team out in the cup round against the Big boys is difficult in its self, the real pre season knock for some of our new, younger guys has been playing in competitive games (on paper) then getting a battering!! Some don't make Round 1 of the league!! Sad but thats youngsters sometimes.
More than happy to support a cup where each Club gets a representitive team made up of anyone within the club....
Big games and more importantly full on, competitive games club v club
Sounds like a quorum??!!
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Cup Draw has been added for Round 2.
That's it!
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Anyone know when the next round will be drawn? The next Exec committee meeting will only be 4 days before the next round...!
That's it!