Cup Rd 9th June - Rd 3

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
chelsea

Cup Rd 9th June - Rd 3

Post by chelsea »

Fixtures:

Grads Red A V Unley A - Grads Red want revenge after losing to Unley in League game. However Unley are organised at the back and not easy to break through. This is the main strength of their side. Grads strength is attack so this will be an interesting game.

Grads Red - 3-1

Regency A v Rostrevor A - Regency have had many poor results of late but did beat Rostrevor in the league which will give them some hope. Regency at home which helps them as well. Will be close game. Rostrevor hoping to make up for league lose.

Rostrevor 2-1

Mt Barker 2A v Sacred Heart 1A - Sacred Heart to bounce back quick after lose to Pembroke. Need to fix defence. Mt Barker have a bit of hope with home ground but SHOC should be too stroung.

SHOC 4-0

Windsor 2A v Unisa 4 - Windsor should progress. They have drawn the easiest team left. Windsor looking to win the cup after falling over on the last day in 2011.

Windsor 6-0

Pembroke 3 v Sacred Heart 1B
These clubs just played each other last week and all games were close. Hard to pick winner.

Pembroke in Extra time or penalties.

Mercedes 1B v Grads Red 1B
Mercedes 1B got their 2nd win last week and still have not lost a game after drawing the other 5. Solid team that should be too strong for Grads Red 1B. These teams also play against each other the following week in the league so that game will be big as well especially for the loser of the cup game.

Mercedes 3-1

Pulteney 1A v Sacred Heart 3

Perfect game for Pulteney. They should win this game and get some confidence back for the league games. They need to score a few to make this happen.

Pulteney 5-1

Scotch 2A v Uni White 1A

Scotch will be missing one of their main players. With him out they have little hope.
Uni White to win easily but sometimes Scotch know and can make it hard for teams.

Uni White 6-1
cruie

Re: Cup Rd 9th June - Rd 3

Post by cruie »

Hiding this topic on the correct board helps no one, Chelski ;)

Grads Red 1A v Unley 1A
Grads Red win - But should be a hard fought close game. 2-1?

Regency 1A v Rostrevor 1A
Another close game in the offing. I think home advantage and a week off from the stress of the league will see The Eagles through. 3-2 AET

Mt Barker 2A v SHOC 1A
I'll plead the 5th and say nowt ;)

Windsor v UniSA 4
Previous cup results make me wonder whether this is the same 15 that plays in D4? If it is then well done them for getting this far ... If it isn't then Gardens may have more of a game on their hands than they thought. But Gardens "always" win, so home advantage on that massive pitch will see them through, I reckon. 2-0

Pembroke 3 v SHOC 1B
I've no idea, to be honest. So I will go for a cheeky away win, on penalties.

Mercedes 1B v Grads Red 1B
Two teams close in a close League ... Mercedes home advantage and the only Mercedes team left in the competition. Gotta go with them. 2-1

Pultney 1A v SHOC 3
Surely SHOC can't get all three to the Quarter Finals!? As Chelski says, I hope Pultney can give themselves a bit of a lift and scrape through what will be a tough close game. 2-1

Scotch 2A v Uni White 1A
The top division side will prove too strong. I don't think it will be a walk over, though. 1-3 away win.

Luck to everyone :)

(well, almost everyone) ;)
Balotelli
Current Club: Windsor Gardens

Post by Balotelli »

Chelsea keeps tipping Rostrevor and tipping against Unley. Would be doing well with your tips but for that. :D

People keep writing Unley off, but they keep winning. They've knocked Mercedes A's and Grads Red A's out of the cup now. They beat both of them in the league too.

Windsor v Unley final again, if they don't get drawn to play each other before then. ;)
yak

Post by yak »

Unley have to be the form team of the CSL right now.
After losing their first 2 matches to lowly oppostion, they've since beaten everyone in league and cup! - sure 2 of those (i think) were in penalty shootouts - but they were against quality opposition.
Not sure what's turned them around, but there is no doubt their confidence will be sky high at the moment.
Not too brave a prediction to see Windsor v Unley (A1 this time thoigh) again.