Cup Quarter Finals - 7th July 2012 - Predictions

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
cruie

Cup Quarter Finals - 7th July 2012 - Predictions

Post by cruie »

I hope the weather is decent, for a start ... Although there's nothing like playing on a swamp to make any game a tightly contested affair!

And, may be it's time for a couple of clubs to be "concentrating on the league" and fielding a weakened cup side? Especially those with games-in-hand to re-arrange and titles/promotion to win ...

Mercs 1B v SHOC 1A
We were pulled apart by SHOC in R3, so I fear for Merc's B Team. That said, SHOC have slipped up a little - in the league - over the last few weeks ... So you never know.

Away win 1-2

Windsor Gardens 2A v Regency Eagles 1A
This should be a cracker. If I can find my mountaineering gear I'll be down on the plains to watch. Both teams play decent football, but with contrasting styles, which should provide a great cup-tie.

If the Eagles travel - and I think they will for the cup - then this will be a very close contest

Away Win on penalties!

Unley 1A v Pultney 1A
The cup must be a blessing for Pultney, with the league season they have endured so far. But I can't see Unley's defense giving them anything at all in this one.

A shame Pultney got this draw, extending their cup-run would have helped them through what looks like being a tough last couple of months in D1A

Away Win 0-3

AUSC White 1A v Pembroke 3
The last D3 team in the competition with a decent chance against a D1A side that is only just above the relegation places.

Only 3 points off the title spot in D3, Pembroke can play and the Whites won't find this an easy route to the semis. However, Pembroke will be restricted to players who have not played 1A or 1B in the Cup and are having a right old battle with MERCs for the D3 title.

I think it will be close and I think home advantage (and the desire to get something from their season) will see the Whites through (just)

Home Win 2-1 AET

Good luck to all. :)
buzzy

Re: Cup Quarter Finals - 7th July 2012 - Predictions

Post by buzzy »

You forgot to check the record books Cruie!!!

2010:
Sacred Heart A 0
Mercedes B 3

2009:
Sacred Heart A 2
Mercedes B 3

Despite Sacred Heart having an extra 45 minutes rest after last weekend :shock: I have looked at our squad I'm confident of a 2-1 Mercedes win in trying conditions!!!
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Apologies - managed to not update the cup page last night - done now.
That's it!
yak

Post by yak »

I watched Uni Whites A vs Pembroke 3 & have to say that Pembroke played bloody well after half time.
Whites were 2 up in the first half & completely dominating, but after the break Pembroke stepped up the effort & deserved to get back on level terms. They just hassled hard, tackled hard & worked their asses off to get back in the game.
Fortunately for us i think the Pembroke boys ran themselves into the ground. They had nothing left in extra time. Great game to watch though.