CUP Quarter Final

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Re: CUP Quarter Final

Post by Brendan »

Referee feared for his life after the game I'm hearing.. Won't be seeing him in the CSL again I'll bet.
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Post by Zorro's best mate »

A little OTT but he was definitley 'jumpy' after the game. The WG guys gave him a good going over verbally from my view of the game but not sure it was that dramatic Brendan!
A high octane game, plenty of niggle, tons of unneccesary whining but not much more than some of the games I have played in before!
The ref in question is an interesting cahp though... He has history of going OTT against a few teams this season and he found a new enemy today I reckon!
Could be the first season in my short knowledge that WG win nothing.... Years of sucees is coming to an end I reckon but all good things come to an end.
Well done Mt Barker and unlucky WG
cruie

Post by cruie »

I've just been over to the Other-Place and typed exactly the same thing on a thread over there. So I'm suffering with a very bad case of deja vu

No need to be washing all this dirty stuff in public.

Especially not since the game is done and dusted and - from the looks of it - no one lost any legs.

Well done MBUSC, 7th time they played Windsor (3 seasons) and the first time they won. And unlucky WGSC who will be gutted to go out on penos, just like anybody else would be.

nuff sed* ;)
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Well done to Mount Barker - pushed Windsor all the way and got the result they were after. Windsor had two chances to win it in sudden death but their keeper pulled off two terrific saves to keep them in it.

Regarding the ref, there has been nothing but complaints about him every time he is allocated a match, and this is not just Windsor matches. Every match he referees ends in mayhem, games have been called off, he has been abused - the list goes on. How this bloke still has a job is beyond me ???!!!! How the FFA after, numerous complaints from other clubs just let this bloke continue on. He is a disgrace to the game and makes me want to hang up my boots.

This particular ref should not be assigned to season defying games. He is a disgrace and the sooner he is forced to resign the better.
Zorro's best mate

Personally, I wouldn't disagree with that.....
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Post by hanners »

A great game. end to end all day. Pitch was cut up to fk. I reckon players were stiff on Sunday. Ref was a bit crazy with his options, but who would want that job anyway!!

Mt Barker had a couple of chances too, but one was caught in the feet of the striker and the other was a top save by the WG keeper, who I must say, was top of his game all day. (shame it was him to miss the final penalty to go out).

With WG being a very skilful side with many years of experience at Blue Eagles between them, the Mt Barker lads dug deep and got behind the ball well, waiting for their chance to break forward.

WG have a great side and shame their mouths let them down. Refs are now against them and face an uphill battle before every whistle to start the game. Shame they play only in Div 2 as they should go up if good enough or be put in div 3 where no reserves are needed and they can win that every year until the players are 50. This year, many teams have got stronger and are pushing teams in every game. If WG to win the league, then this year is one they have been pushed harder then before.

Good luck to Immanuel, North City, Windsor, Pulteney & Mt Barker for the final push for the top 2 positions. it will be tight all the way to 14th Sept.

Bob.
yak

Post by yak »

Well done to Mount Barker - recon this is the first time they've made the semi's of the Cup.. I think it's good for the league.. WG have been there done that, so it's nice to see one of the new teams get there.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

The league shouldn't force Windsor, they aren't a 1A Division side. They are a bunch of old chest nuts. Better to get some younger teams in there. Still a good team, but not Div 1A material.
Zorro's best mate

Where should WG play?
They are no longer wiping the floor with everyone in Div 2A so the argument is whether they should be a 2 team club or not? Same applies to Scotch though.

Div 3 would be easier for WG and they wouldn't want to be in Div's 4 or 5 with all respect to the guys in those divs (me included!)

Whats the leagues stance on this or are they neutral to it? personally, leave things as they are!
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Please refer to the 100 other forum topics regarding Windsor in Div 1/2/3, and keep this on the topic of the cup QF

Cheers, Your Site Administrator