CUP Quarter Final

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
divineponytail

CUP Quarter Final

Post by divineponytail »

Due to the Windsor vs Mount Barker game being postponed due to a water soaked pitch it looks like the game needs to be re-scheduled.

Mount Barker have said that some of their players are unavailable on the scheduled CSL catch up weekend and are expecting Windsor to play a week day game under lights however some of the Windsor players are unavailable to play during the week.

How is this going to be resolved ? Surely the league should make the decision that the game needs to be played on the scheduled weekend off (27th Jul) otherwise what is the point in including these days on the CSL Calendar ??
chelsea

Re: CUP Quarter Final

Post by chelsea »

Just had a look at the official fixtures.
it reads the following for 27th July Saturday - WEEK OFF or POSTPONED MATCHES

So how do you read that? That is the only week that reads that.

I agree that if there is a weekend that is dedicated to postponed games then the teams should play.

I have heard every excuse under the sun over the years about mid week games / games at Burton.

Cant win with everyone sometimes. Doesnt matter what the league do there will be some unhappy people.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Sounds like you are trying to channel the CSL into a decision that you prefer!
Just agree a mutually convenient date and be done with it.
They can't make the Staurday, you can't make the midweek date, there are about 18 other dates that could be considered or are you both busy for that??
This is amateur football between 2 Div 2 teams, not the FA Cup so try not to take it so seriousley and meet half way.....
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

I'm not trying to channel any decision. What is the point in the CSL creating these catch up dates if teams say they cannot play that week - it should be enforced, no ifs or buts.

Windsor Players work during the week days and have about half their team out - any other Saturday is fine however, what happens to the league games ?
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

Everybody works during the week days yet every other club has manged to reschedule mid week games, most of whom don't have the luxury of only one team to try and fill...... Just saying, in a league where everyone trys to accomodate each others issues, smells like you are playing the game.
Nothing against it in the rules but it come back at you at some point.....
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

And...... I hope you both manage to sort an amicable arrangement out!!
simmo

Post by simmo »

The clubs shouldn't get a say in when the game is played. The csl should decide and that is the end of it.
I agree the obvious time to play is Saturday when the league allocated that day to catch up games. How can a club say they are unavailable to play on a Saturday afternoon during the season. I personally think there would be more of an issue playing midweek.
Lets now see who has more power....Mt Barker or Windsor Gardens.
My money is on Mt Barker. The csl wouldn't want to upset one of the new boys in the competition!!!
Squeezy looks like Mt Barker are the guys trying to run the show. Also if I was playing Windsor Gardens I wouldn't want to give them any ammunition because they tough to beat on a normal day.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Exactly my point Simmo .The CSL specifically allocated this Saturday to play catch up games across the league. Mt Barker are saying they are unavailable but knew weeks in advance that this is most probably the day they would play the cup rematch.

Now Windsor are forced to play a midweek game under lights (which aren't probably even bright enough for a game) with half their team out due to working commitments.

Let Mt Barker win this battle..........
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

Water logged? You're kidding right?
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Game to be played on Saturday 27th July - 230pm. Windsors home ground.