CUP Quarter Final

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
simmo

Re: CUP Quarter Final

Post by simmo »

Can someone please explain to me why Mt Barker can't play any game on Saturday, either the catch up or cup. The fixtures state - week off OR POSTPONED GAMES!!!! and history will tell you that there are always postponed games.
If they don't want to play the cup game then why don't they play Pulteney? Also why are Mt Barker and Pulteney organising their catch up game? Isn't it up to the csl to allocate a date and time suitable to both teams?
Who decides the fixtures....Mt Barker or the CSL? "Nobody" as stupid as it sounds you might be right.
With all this drama I think I'll go and watch the cup game, which will definitely have fireworks.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

If the cup game is ever played then if Mt Barker win that game they''ll have another cup game on 10 August, when they are due to play their catch-up league game versus Pulteney. Not sure who is at fault, but the two clubs should never have been allowed to wait until 10 August to play that game. More games could be washed out in the meantime (or another ref could fail to show up) and there will be no spare Saturdays thereafter.
nobody

Post by nobody »

crusader wrote:game is not being played on the 27th or the 29 it will be wed 31st or 7 aug as soon as the two clubs agree which one. The original game was not called off due to a waterlogged pitch it was because no ref turned up..
What happened to Monday 29th as agreed last week? We had our ground booked an ready to go once we were told that was the date.
Lets see what happens because:
1. Mt Barker don't want to play Saturday or Monday.
2. Windsor can't play Wednesday 31st because 6 players have other pre booked commitments
3. Windsor's ground is not available on Tuesdays.
4. Wednesday 7th is too late and too close to the semi final, with players having to back it up 3 days later.

Looking forward to seeing the outcome.
It should have never got to this, it has now turned into a joke.

Another twist to the story is, for the original cup game, Windsor requested a 12:30 kick off due to certain player unavailability at 2:30 that particular day. This was knocked back by Mt Barker and Windsor accepted the decision. Had it been a 12:30 kick off then a different ref would have been allocated and the game probably would have gone ahead. Interesting!!!
pescara

Post by pescara »

The CSL Executive will now step in and make a final decision at its meeting next week about this outstanding Cup match, be it the date, time and venue it will played - should either club not be willing a forfeit will ensue against that club.

It is unfortunate that the two clubs could not agree to a mutually agreeable date and show good will to one another. Let's remember this is amateur soccer.

The facts of the matter are these:
1. The clubs made the decision to postpone the match due to the referee not showing due to illness
at late notice and the pitch being possibly unplayable due to all the rain. They both chose not to
share the referee duties per the Competition Rules.
2. I sent an e-mail stating that the Cup match would be played on Saturday 27 July - per the fixtures
3. The clubs however agreed that a mid week match would be played in the coming week prior to
Saturday 27 July.
4. I went away to Melbourne and Raf liaised with both clubs offering them a number of dates.
5. Mt Barker was willing to play tonight Wednesday 24 July yet Windsor stated that they could not
due to having players away at the Liverpool match.
6. Windsor sought to reimpose the Saturday 27 July date per the fixture, yet Mt Barker stated that
they have a number of players going away to the snow. They feel that all players who were able
to play on the date of postponement should play the rescheduled match and given they provided
Windsor with the courtesy of not playing tonight as they had players away for the Liverpool match
the same courtesy should be afforded to them.
7. Windsor suggest Monday 29 July yet for the reason in point 6 Mt Barker unable to.
8. Alternative date of Tuesday 30 or Wednesday 31 July is suggested and Mt Barker willing to play,
yet Windsor's ground is now unavailable.
9. Brokered a date for the following Wednesday 7 August at Windsor given it is their typical training
night and Mt Barker willing to play, yet Windsor now state too close to the semi-final date of
Saturday 10 August.

So despite the best efforts of Raf and myself endeavouring to get the clubs to agree to a date nothing can seemingly be agreed upon.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Saturday 27th was set by csl but Mt Barker didn't want to play
Monday 29th was agreed by all parties and everything was booked but then Mt Barker said no.
Tuesdays our ground isn't available.
Just play on Wednesday night to keep Mt Barker happy and we will try to make up the numbers!!!

It is impossible to come up with a solution when you have to comply with the demands of one party.
Just make a decision and we will just cop it and accept that Mt Barker will get what they want. This is now getting beyond a joke with no one willing to take responsibility.

Since when did a club have the power to dictate when a game was going to be played??

Looks like Wednesday 31st is the only date available. So just schedule the game and Windsor will make do with whatever players are available, as long as Mt Barker have all their players, coaches, staff, committee members and supporters available that day.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Sorry for going on but this post by Pescara has really upset a lot of people and are not the true facts.
It's your version of the story and strongly denied by Windsor. Windsor didn't agree to a mid week game but were told it must be a mid week game because Mt Barker were playing their other catch up game on the 27th. Then Monday 29th was agreed by both teams and booked as per an email from Raf.

The game is obviously not going to be Saturday or Monday....so lets play Wednesday 31st and that's it, end of story. Don't worry we will get over it and Mt Barker will be happy, they will have a good chance of winning and going through to the semi finals.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Also I just remembered that Windsor offered to play the cup game the Saturday after the called of game because we were playing Mt Barker that week. We could then travel to Mt Barker mid week to play the catch up league game at their convenience. This would have been the best outcome.
But this offer was also knocked back by Mt Barker!!!
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

Mt Barker are playing the first postponed catch up game this weekend which is the Pulteney game . The CSL has forced these games to go ahead and MBUSC are happy to oblige . We will be very stretched with the number of players away but will fulfill our obligations
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Post by Zorro's best mate »

Looks like they (Mount B) have a game this weekend.. in fact 5 according to the fixture list with this Pulteney game now confirmed according to my mate at Pulteney... so not sure why everyone is still whining?
SOooo.... looks like the CSL have done the right thing and that the cup game has to be paid midweek.....
Personally, I'd knock both your heads together on this one and maybe if both teams were a bit flexible, this would have been sorted in a mutually agreeable manner as Pescara refers to. Not sure why the chairman of the league tell any untruths as suggested by Nobody as he doesn't have.
I reckon you have both forced the CSL's hand and the childish gamesmanship has come back to burn you both. Also, shame on both for causing a fuss which requires a number of volunteers to have to step in and sort the playground out.
Play on the whatever night you are told (because yourightly don't have the right to a say in it any more) and stop your whining
yak

Post by yak »

Man... i hope there's a referee tonight.. ;)

On a more serious note - where's the game being played? might be a good one to watch!