CUP Quarter Final

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
cruie

Re: CUP Quarter Final

Post by cruie »

yak wrote:Man... i hope there's a referee tonight.. ;)

On a more serious note - where's the game being played? might be a good one to watch!
Sauces* close to QuarterFinalgate have told me ... It ain't gettin' played tonight, matey!

Instead, it's getting played on Saturday coming, apparently ... causing roughly 34 other games to be postponed, rescheduled or kick off late - But you know it'll be worth all this kerfuffle ;)
yak

Post by yak »

Zing!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

230pm - Saturday 3rd Aug - Windsor v Mt Barker - Cup Qtr Final.

A referee has been appointed.

We have the following on standby for the game:
2nd referee if the 1st one falls sick.
2nd pitch if the windsor pitch is unplayable.

This game must be played just like the 1st one should of been.

I give credit to clubs like Mercedes and Rostrevor who organised a Div 3 catchup game last night. 830pm kickoff. Not the best time. Not the best pitch. Both clubs had different ideas and dates for the game but they met somewhere in the middle and the game got played.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Hope it doesn't get abandoned...
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Post by Zorro's best mate »

Hope it does get abandoned just to see the uproar!!!
Seriuosley, the original game wasn't played due to the ref falling ill at the last minute.. I have no problem with both teams not playing in that respect, I wouldn't have either.
The following nonsense is less palatable but hardly the end of the world all said..... time to ut it to bed and build a bridge.... or people can keep whining.
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

It's raining today and possibly tomorrow!! uh ohh!!
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

Finally we have a result. a real pulsating cup tie that was deadlocked after extra time for Mt Barker to squeeze through on penaltys 8 7 thanks to WG for being great sports
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Post by Zorro's best mate »

Have to say guys.... caught most of the game as I live close by and it was a corker in terms of being on a knife edge. Well done to both teams for finnally getting the game played and for it living up to the hype!
Felt for both sets of players in the penalty shoot out as both keepers were superb and neither deserved to lose.
Ref was...interesting and may have played a part in the result from a neautrals perspective but a bit like most games I suppose? He was definitley not happy at the end ( something to do with being called a cheat multiple times I'm guessing... ) and high tailed it out of Dodge!
Was no real fireworks but was not a great example of how to behave for my young lad who was also watching / listening.... Actually happy for the Mout Barker guys who pushed WG all the way!
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

Called a cheat by players or supporters?
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

both but mostly players from WG