Semi Final

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
INTERISTA

Semi Final

Post by INTERISTA »

ROCSC 1B VS Grads Red 1A played at Burton 1:00 pm.
Mt B 2A VS Uni White 1A Not sure where the fixture is being played.
On paper looking to be a Grads Red vs Uni White final.
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Re: Semi Final

Post by Zorro's best mate »

I'm going for a romantic Rostrevor v Mt Barker final!!
Both have done remarkably well to get into the semi's and I reckon one (hopefully both) will cause an upset!!
The league is definitley getting stronger and thats a good thing.
C'aaarn the underdogs :)
cruie

Post by cruie »

MB v Uni White, I'm told, is Burton at 3pm

Luck to all ... but obviously a bit more to my old lot at MB :)
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Interestingly, it really is the luck of the draw this year - out of the four semi finalists, Rostrevor B's are the only team to have beaten a div 1A team (Mercs). They've all had a pretty sweet run!
That's it!
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

Mount Barker are into the final after a solid display outplaying Uni Whites for large parts of the game . 1 nil final score , They have now knocked out the last 2 cup winners I think Bring on Grads Red
cruie

Post by cruie »

Congrats to all at MBUSC. Crackin' result. Best of luck in the final, people :)

So half of the final line up people were hoping for ...

Unlucky Rostrevor-1B. I watch them beat MBUSC D3, back in Round-2, in a deserved victory - Hard luck on them for just missing out on a final. Two tough draws for them, quarters and semis.

And well done Grads Red for getting there, been a couple of years since they and Barker met up in a competitive game. Obviously, I won't wish them any luck for the final, though ;)
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Post by Zorro's best mate »

Two good games up at the Burton complex today...
Grads Reds looked in control at all times against Rostrevor and a couple of red cards thrown in to the mix. First time I've seen them this year and not sure if thats their usual starting XI....
Stayed to watch the second game and that was a real arm wrestle. Have to say I thought the Mt Barker 2A team had the best of that game throughout and were good value for the win. A penalty was all that seperated the teams although Barker hit the inside of the post and Whites had a strong shot tipped over the bar... Another red card there as well for Uni Whites in the last few minutes sealed the 2012 cup finalists fate...
So Grads Red 1A v Mt Barker 2A in the final.... On todyas performances, both deserve their place.
Shame there were only a handful there to watch both games .....
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

Plenty of Mt Barker supporters there!
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

I would say the ROCSC vs Grads Red game was more balanced than the scoreline suggests. Grads Scored 1st on the counter, then ROCSC thought they'd equalized 2 minutes later but had the goal disallowed. Grads Scored on the counter again then a ROCSC own goal. Second half Grads just sat deep. ROCSC had a few solid chances in the second half, a penalty miss and a wonder strike from outside the box. Just a shame that 3 lapses in defending cost us in the first half. Good teams like Grads will always punish lazy defending.

After watching the game after, I feel the cup is Grads to lose, particularly when they get their suspended players back. They pass the ball very nicely.
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

Funny that's what they said about Windsor Gardens in the quarter and Uni Whites in the semi . Have to be in it to win it and this is the year of the Crusader