CUP FINAL VENUE

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

CUP FINAL VENUE

Post by crusader »

So the final is being played at Burton , I wonder why the SAASL are able to play their semis and finals at Hindmarsh . They are not even in the FFSA . Burton is not the greatest of venues to home such a showpiece as the CSL Cup Final . What are your thoughts on this subject
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Re: CUP FINAL VENUE

Post by Zorro's best mate »

The Under 14 kids played their cup final at Hindmarsh this weekend
SAASL has use of an FFSA venue this weekend for their cup final
CSl gets Burton!!
My opinion - Burton is a pretty avearge venue with few endearing features.
The pitch is no more than average, its miles out the city, parking is limited and quite honestly, I;d rather play at most clubs home venue's than Burton but thats just my polarised opinion!!

As for the Cup final.... A qulaity comp deserves a quality venue.
Not sure how many times either finalist has been a finalist but I'm sure they both deserve something better than the Burton wastelands......
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

crusader wrote:So the final is being played at Burton , I wonder why the SAASL are able to play their semis and finals at Hindmarsh . They are not even in the FFSA . Burton is not the greatest of venues to home such a showpiece as the CSL Cup Final . What are your thoughts on this subject
FFSA do not own Hindmarsh Stadium. Anyone can hire the stadium from the Adelaide Entertainment Centre (AEC) They run the stadium now. Approx cost is $8000. So if the CSL clubs are happy to put in approx $500 x 20 clubs at the start of the year then we can have the cup final there.

It is a CSL cup. You guys are making it sound as if its an A League grand final.

And if Mount Barker and Grads Red are not happy with Burton then go out and find another ground. I am sure you wont both agree on one anyway.

Burton surface might not be the best but all clubs are struggling this year. Even Premier League clubs.
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Post by Zorro's best mate »

In fairness Chelsa, for some it probably is like an A league final....
So if what you are saying is right, The SAASL paid $8k (or a portion) for their cup finals?
I think the CSL teams deserve at least similar to the ffsa under 14's was all I was saying, all of whom don't pay
$500 a season for Hindmarsh!!
I know for a fact the SAASL clubs dont pay any extra for their day at the races.... they had the vision to piggy back an FFSA organised event..... maybe thats the way to go in the future?
Either way, your understating of the final is a bit harsh for the guys who are there (and i don't know if they care or not!).
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Zorro's best mate wrote:In fairness Chelsa, for some it probably is like an A league final....
So if what you are saying is right, The SAASL paid $8k (or a portion) for their cup finals?
I think the CSL teams deserve at least similar to the ffsa under 14's was all I was saying, all of whom don't pay
$500 a season for Hindmarsh!!
I know for a fact the SAASL clubs dont pay any extra for their day at the races.... they had the vision to piggy back an FFSA organised event..... maybe thats the way to go in the future?
Either way, your understating of the final is a bit harsh for the guys who are there (and i don't know if they care or not!).
SAASL can have these events as it is reported that they have close to $1 million in the bank. The interest they get from that each year is spent on events like hiring hindmarsh stadium.

You think that the under 14s didnt pay a cent. All these kids pay registrations fees to the FFSA.
Between under 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 there would be approx 2000 players or more playing in FFSA comps.

The junior cup finals were held over the weekend. All on Sunday at Hindmarsh. 4-5 games.
Still the FFSA were charging adults to get in to see their kids play. $5 per adult. $2 per kid.

With 150 kids playing throughout the day there was at least 300 adults that attended.

So yes, the CSL cup would need to piggy back on something else.

Adelaide United played a Premier league club last night in a friendly at Hindmarsh. It was a closed session as it was cheaper not to open up the stands to the public.

Its all about money. simple as that.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Have to agree with chelsea - the CSL is run on a shoestring budget. Just doesn't have the money for anything more than Burton. More expenditure = higher fees at the start of the year.
That's it!
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

Funny how you can downplay how important the CSL cup final is as we at Mt Barker in all our years of existance have never made it into any final so it is a really big occasion for us . We have played and beaten some previous cup winning sides so dont take away the importance of this fixture . There were 60 teams and now just 2 . You have to be in it to win it
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

crusader wrote:Funny how you can downplay how important the CSL cup final is as we at Mt Barker in all our years of existance have never made it into any final so it is a really big occasion for us . We have played and beaten some previous cup winning sides so dont take away the importance of this fixture . There were 60 teams and now just 2 . You have to be in it to win it
Not down playing it. I think its a great achievement that Mt Barker have made it to the final. I hope they win but it will be tough. All I am trying to say is that Burton is a good venue to host the final. In 5 or so weeks hopefully the grounds are even better then what they are now.
yak

Post by yak »

Do what we did last season mt barker, hire a bus and get every man and his dog to the game... Grandstand has a bar too, will be a lot of fun, especially if your boys can get into the game! Whites crowd was like an extra player, defo got the attention of the opposition players a couple of times.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Idea already mentioned (briefly) and not too onerous to implement...follow the FA cup model and and give 1A teams a bye in round 1 based on the previous season standings.
Then they join in round 2 and any weak teams will have been knocked out BUT out their day on the pitch.
Every team, every player and every club pays exactly the same amount of money regardless of talent, ability or any other variable.....Has to be equitable to all league stakeholders and DIv 5 players usually get the poorer end of the stick already in most cases (players pinched, worst pitch, oldest kit etc)...
To omit some teams wholly from the cup is a little unfair and there is little chance of some Div 5 players every playing at that level anyway so most will see it as a challenge... some won't.