Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Re: Finals 2014

Post by crusader »

And yes I was right MBUSC pure class.
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

What was done to provoke such an outburst?
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

LGA wrote:Heard a child below the age of 7 called the Unley president a C U N T...... Class barker, real class
Irony in your post.... Class on a forum or a bit of sour grapes ?
Get over the result and what was a tight game until the last 20 of extra time.
It was legs that won it in the end with both sides missing the chances to win the game in normal time.
Great game and great atmosphere .
As for your president And the alleged kid comment, his hissy fit at the end was as classless as it gets .
Hilarious watching him trying to tell everyone an alleged 7 year old had abused him rather than showing some humility in defeat. The question of class goes both ways except one is an alleged kid, one is an alleged adult.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Congrats to Mt B. See you in the Super Cup!
LGA

Post by LGA »

Fair call lads, I was about 10 beers deep when I posted..... Sorry may have missed the point and got caught up in the emotion of not being there which was disappointing.

Well done to the Barker boys, we as a club have full respect for them and their performances this year.

Will be a real challenger next season.

As for alleged incident, you always jump to the defence of your own and that creates culture. Onward and upward.
LGA

Post by LGA »

Fair call lads, I was about 10 beers deep when I posted..... Sorry may have missed the point and got caught up in the emotion of not being there which was disappointing.

Well done to the Barker boys, we as a club have full respect for them and their performances this year.

Will be a real challenger next season.

As for alleged incident, you always jump to the defence of your own and that creates culture. Onward and upward.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Funny stuff at the final by the sound of it.

Was everyone happy with the venue?

I know both teams hired the pitch to train on it a few times to get used to the artificial surface.

Why didnt the top goal scorer play for Mt Barker?

Well done to Mt Barker, won the cup on the 2nd bite.

I said it a couple of weeks ago, Unley could of had the double or nothing. Unfortunately they ended with nothing. You just cant win them all.

They will be back stronger in 2015 and by the sounds of it Mt barker will be looking to become a title contender in 2015.
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

I think the pitch was ok, saw a few people slipping over at times but I guess there's no digging in on those pitches.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Well done to Mt Barker and commiserations to Unley. After a cagey first half it was an exciting game to watch. Mt Barker took their chances very well and Unley will be regretting a few missed chances to win the game before 90 minutes was up. 2 defenders going off injured and other players missing didn't help Unley, but Kayne Stubing wasn't playing for Mt Barker either.

The pitch and venue looked great and there were plenty of supporters from both clubs. The electronic scoreboard and clock was good too, albeit it was a shame that the clock wasn't operating throughout extra-time.

Mt Barker have shown a real appetite for the cup in the past two seasons. The signs would suggest that they can be challengers for the league next season. But perhaps 8 or more clubs will be saying the same thing.