2015 CSL Cup - Round 2

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
roswil
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars FC

2015 CSL Cup - Round 2

Post by roswil »

Some of the Cup games this weekend are going to really interesting. It feels like we've already reach the Quarter-Final stages with so many big games being played. I'm predicting so far five Div. 1A and two Div. 2A will progress into Round 3 - can't decide between Rostrevor/Windsor (leaning towards Rostrevor).

Games------------------------------------->Progress to Cup Round 3.
UniSA (2A) v Rostrevor (4)-------------->UniSA (2A)
Grads Red (4) v Blackwood (5)---------->Grads Red (4)
Immanuel (2B) v CBC (2A) -------------->CBC (2A)
Rostrevor (3) v Immanuel (4)----------->Rostrevor (3)
Uni White (4) v Grads Blue (1A)-------->Grads Blue (1A)
Unley (1B) v Thebarton (2B)------------->Unley (1B)
Grads Red (3) v UniSA (4)--------------->Grads Red (3)
Immanuel (2A) v Rostrevor (1B)-------->Rostrevor (1B) - An interesting match up.
Immanuel (3) v Uni White (1B)--------->Uni White (1B)
Mercedes (3) v Thebarton (2A)--------->Thebarton (2A) - Another interesting match up.
Mt Barker (1A) v Norwood (2A)--------->Mt Barker (1A)
Pembroke (1A) v Sacred Heart (1A)---->Pembroke (1A)
Pulteney (1A) v Grads Reds (1A)-------->Grads Reds (1A)
Rostrevor (1A) v Windsor (3)------------>Can't decide - Game of the Round!
Uni White (3) v Pembroke (1B)---------->Pembroke (1B) - Another close match up.
Unley (1A) v Mercedes (1A)-------------->Unley (1A)
yak

Re: 2015 CSL Cup - Round 2

Post by yak »

Yeah.. that Rostevor v Windsor game will be a cracker - but i agree Rossies should have enough to do it.
What's interesting is, there's still going to be some teams from the lower div's getting through too, which will be exciting for them!
roswil

Post by roswil »

Yeah, at least three Div. 3 & 4 teams will progress to the next round out of potentially nine! The next Round of draw could see the Div. 3 & 4 teams face another and/or a higher division being heavily favourite to progress to the Quarter-Finals.

Looking forward to seeing the results.
roswil

Post by roswil »

Noticed Rostrevor (1A) v Windsor (3) game was forfeited with Rostrevor progressing to Round 3.

Can anyone provide light what happened and/or the reason behind the decision?
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Wasn't there. Game was played until 80th min. 0-0. Windsor had a player on the field that wasn't on the match card. Not sure if that player is registered. There already were some tensions going into the game after some info Rostrevor received on late Friday. Rostrevor didn't play on. Referee gave the result to Rostrevor. Windsor will now appeal the decision.

That is my info on the matter.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Good grief.......What a mess....
All that nonsense about Juventus v whoever else it was and they can't even finish a game!!!!

I think there is more to come as just playing an unregistered player doesn't warrant a walk off at 80 mins mark in fact, refusing to play if just for an unregistered player might be a problem for Rostrevor .
However, there is more to this than just that I suspect... I will get my popcorn out and watch..

The hyped 'European Cup' final turned into a North Eastern Adelaide damp squib with the game to be played out in the CSL office rather than a pitch :(

What a shame
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

Rule 27 c
c) No Club shall walk off, or refuse to allow play to continue for the full duration of the time specified in the Laws of the Game

Rule 24 b
A Club shall not play in any match a player who is not named on the match sheet for the match. If a player is not named on the match sheet and plays in the game, the Club will be liable to disciplinary action as set out in Section D.

Rule 6 b i
A Club shall not play in any match a player who is not named on the match sheet for the match. If a player is not named on the match sheet and plays in the game, the Club will be liable to disciplinary action as set out in Section D.

Should be an interesting decision as both team MAY have breached the rules......

Just remembered who the ref was for the game........I would assume the result will stand ;)
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Windsor didn't follow some of those rules listed. Once that came to light and even Windsor admitted their mistake there was no point Rostrevor playing the last 10 mins. They could have played it and let Windsor score 3 goals but the result would have been the same. As said earlier there is a bit more to it with some of the info Rostrevor received on late Friday.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

Go on Chelsea.. spill the beans!!!!
I can't sleep till I know ;)

Whatever happens, shame the tie of the round won't be won /lost on the pitch regardless of what ever occurred.

On other news which has been lost in the melee, Well done to Pulteney on knocking Grads Red 1A out!!!
I suspect a red card or something in that game (Grads Red have a habit ;) ) otherwise Pulteney have pulled of the result of the round (which it is regardless of red cards!)

At this point, both last years finalists plus Rostrevor (subject to FIFA legal proceedings) with Pembroke and Pulteney as outsiders look as though they will dominate the cup again......but I wouldn't put a cent on any team as the grads Red result has proven
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

It is a shame. I truely mean that. After some of the info Rostrevor received on Friday I totally lost interest in the game before it even kicked off. I don't know all the facts from today but they don't look good for Windsor.