Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Re: 2015 CSL Cup - Round 2

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

:(
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

The game was played for 90 min not 80. My apologies. The error was noticed after 90 min. No walk off by Rostrevor.
juventus fc
Current Club: Windsor Gardens Old Scholars

Post by juventus fc »

The mistake was realised in the 75th minute by the referee who made the player go off and wouldn't let Windsor make a change and had to play the last 15 minutes with 10 players.

It was a silly mistake from the volunteer team manager and a bit of common sense from the referee and everyone involved could have resulted in a better outcome. He could have walked over to the bench and fixed up the name and got on with it. It wasn't an unregistered player just a simple error.

What baffles everyone is why didn't the referee called it off at 75 minutes instead of playing the full 90 minutes and then giving Rostrevor the option to play extra time or take the win? Even against 10 men they decided to take their ball and head on home
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

Seriously hope the game wasn't forfeited due to a clerical error on the team sheet......
There has to be more to it.....
Surely even to the letter of the law, the game should have been played out and then the rules, officialdom etc. is applied.
Is a ref allowed to make that call in the rules? (serious question).
Very very strange and if we have honestly got to that level of professionalism and taking the rules to an extreme then its sad day for amateur football.
More to come on this I'm sure and again, I really hope its not a case of Rostrevor not playing based on exploiting a clerical error as that is gamesmanship at a level that should be beyond our league.....
I will be naughty and suggest a ref that wasn't part of the league exec wouldn't have done that today 999 times out of a thousand.....
Boo to a crappy way to end a killer tie
juventus fc
Current Club: Windsor Gardens Old Scholars

Post by juventus fc »

That's the honest truth. Forfeited the game due to a clerical error. if the player had not have picked up a yellow card we probably wouldn't even be discussing this.
Seeing as both teams know each other well and know the player not on the team sheet is registered a bit more common sense could have been used.
SILENT P
Current Club: Rostrevor

Post by SILENT P »

Juventusfc, I don't disagree with you about the way the game ended was a bit farcical.
To me there was a few issues here. Yes, Windsor made an honest mistake by leaving Adrian off the team sheet. The referee who is part of the CSL knows the rules and should have just called the game off when the error was noticed in the 75th minute and not continued on. If Windsor had won the game and then Rostrevor had noticed after signing the team sheet and receiving both teams sheet, the player would have been noticed then and Windsor still would have lost as the result would have been reversed.

Also, wether it's amateurs or not there are rules. I also thought that it was unfair of the referee to give Rostrevor an option as this should have been discussed at a later date and then possibly a decision made.

Also, Windsor after the game were saying that they would have played on if the roles were reversed but that's not what some of your players were saying at the time.

Overall, it was a good competitive game and it's a pity the game ended the way it did.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Here is the breakdown

- At 75 minutes or thereabouts Windsor player is shown a yellow card. Ref goes to assign him the card on the team sheet but he isn't there.
- Ref sends Adrian off with Windsor not allowed to bring on another player.
- Ref continues to let Windsor play the remainder of the game with 10 men.
- 90 minutes full time whistle sounds and a discussion is held.
- Ref gives Rostrevor the following option

1) Stop the game due to the clerical error and Rostevor be awarded with then win

or

2) Allow play to continue to be played in the spirit of the game however if Rostrevor allow this then there is no chance in reversing the result should Windsor win.

Rostrevor chose Option 1.

It's fair to say that that such a minor oversight can have such a big impact in determining the result of the game. Let's be honest here and suggest that the reason we all play football is for competitiveness, no result should be determined like this.
hellas

Post by hellas »

Windsor had 5 players out and still should have won, wow they forgot to put a players name on the team sheet. And he's registered.
That's pathetic Rostrevor - you can't handle that you couldn't beat 10 overage and unfit players.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

What a mess....
IF the facts are as discussed then the rules would mean that WG will have to forfeit the game due to fielding a player not on the team sheet.... A harsh result for a clerical error but a rule never the less....
HOWEVER, the referee should not have offered Rostrevor ANY option and I would be deeply concerned if the statement made about "having no comeback if Rostrevor played on' had any truth in it as that is surely not the rules of the game?
There is a potential problem in a CSL exec member making league / disciplinary decision whilst in a totally separate position as a referee.
The game should have been continued and then the matter reviewed by the exec / disciplinary committee .
The problem now exists where the exec who will 'investigate' this matter have the referee as part of their group which is a conflict of interest that has been created by the unfathomable decision the ref made.
The game is technically an abandonment by the ref and he should be held accountable for the decision. I don't believe I have ever seen a game abandoned by a ref for this reason in all my years...... It will need an independent review to unravel a mess that the ref has created by blurring his role as a ref and a CSL exec.....
Don't get me wrong.. the rules are clear and WG have fallen foul but it should have been a simple review instead of a shemozzle royale with cheese.
I don't blame Rostrevor IF the ref did tell them they would give up any right to a review if they played on...
That would be a real problem for the ref if true and the crappiest way to sort a game lie this out ever.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

If this was just a genuine clerical error and the player is a registered player it's a big shame and an over reaction from the ref and maybe Rostrevor.

Fancy referring to yourselves as Real Madrid and Juventus and then serving up a shemozzle like this. More like Nerds FC v Dads Army.