Cup Update

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
divineponytail

Cup Update

Post by divineponytail »

Can you update the website ? What are the other results from the Cup Game ?
BB7

Re: Cup Update

Post by BB7 »

Played at Burton tonight.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Results from Burton tonight have been added. Mt Barker and Pembroke won, but it was not plain sailing. Mt Barker were 3-0 down early but came back to win 4-3. Pembroke and Thebarton were 1-1 at half time but Pembroke went on to win 5-2.

The draw for the semi-finals will be done next Monday evening.

The semi-finals and the final will be played at Adelaide Shores.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Thought we'd make it an exciting game to watch since we had to travel so far to get there. Just got home a minute ago.

Barker on track for back-to-back wins in the cup. Hope we draw Windsor in either the semis or the final.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

crusader_ wrote:Thought we'd make it an exciting game to watch since we had to travel so far to get there. Just got home a minute ago.

Barker on track for back-to-back wins in the cup. Hope we draw Windsor in either the semis or the final.
You will love Burton next year when your FFSA side has to travel to Gawler and Port Pirie.

You complain all the time about the travel but all teams / players travel up to that at some stage of the year.
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

Must have gone the long way if you get home from the game at 10.30am the next day..
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

chelsea wrote:
crusader_ wrote:Thought we'd make it an exciting game to watch since we had to travel so far to get there. Just got home a minute ago.

You will love Burton next year when your FFSA side has to travel to Gawler and Port Pirie.

You complain all the time about the travel but all teams / players travel up to that at some stage of the year.
In fairness Chelsea, Its a fair way on a TUESDAY night after work etc.... Not sure it was a complaint rather than a statement of fact? 1.5 hours each way after work is a long way!
Port Pirie on a weekend on the other hand is living the dream :0
I get the sneaky feeling you and Crusader_ like to bag each other at any opportunity!! ..
Don't waste your energy on that ;)
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

I agree it was a long way to go for some of the players who are based in Mt Barker. I am sure some players work in the city and they would of gone straight from work which would of cut their travelling time by half.

Players knew in advance so they would of planned their work / study days around it.

I have lost count on the number of times Crusader_ has complained about Burton and travelling. Even when the game was played on a Saturday.

Burton is a metropolitan suburb of Adelaide and the CSL did try to get venues that were more central but they were booked out.

I like Crusader_ , he is a good guy and always gives me a good laugh with his statements. Eg - just got home 1 minute ago.

Just for him I will try to make sure the cup final is played at Burton. On a Saturday day of course.

Good luck with back to back Crusader_
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

:)
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

With the last four teams remaining you would think Mt Barker are the faves to go back to back. Even in addition to last year taking it out they have always been very strong in the cup games.

Unley would be second faves you would think.

Windsor past their prime. Too much pizza and beer.