2015 Cup Semi Final

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Re: 2015 Cup Semi Final

Post by dash riprock »

Semi Final 1 - Depends what sides turn up....
Prediction: WG to have sore knees after the old bones spend 90 mins on the West Beach pitch, MB to have sore ankles due to alleged off the ball ankle taps and then the game to be called off after 70 minutes due to UniSA potentially having fielded non registered players in the round 4 game v Blackwood.... therefore the quarter final will need to be replayed and Mount Barker to beat Blackwood by 7 goals...... THEN the semi's where MB win as half the Windsor team will have retired before the game is rescheduled..... $660000000 odds at the TAB for the above;)

Pembroke to win Semi Final 2 by the odd goal (prediction 2-1)

Good luck to all 4 teams :)
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

I will have to change my prediction after seeing the ref allocation for the Semis!!!!
MB to win as ref redresses the balance with WG ;)
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

roswil wrote:Going on form for each of the teams from the last couple of weeks, it's still too hard to pick the winners of these two matches. I'll be tipping my lads (Unley) naturally.

Windsor v Mt Barker
Windsor: 2-1. However, I think Mt Barker will win if the match goes into extra time - fitness getting them over the line.

Unley v Pembroke
Unley: 1-0

Both games are going to be very good to watch.

Good luck to all Clubs.
Good tipping in game 1. Even got the correct score line. Unfortunately Pembroke spoilt the day for you.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:I will have to change my prediction after seeing the ref allocation for the Semis!!!!
MB to win as ref redresses the balance with WG ;)
The ref has no issues with Windsor. There is nothing to square up. I will leave it at that.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Haha love all the resentment towards Windsor is from Mt Barker supporters on here. 5-2 winners, players surrounding the ref, ankle taps.

Have some respect for the grandpa's, they are quality
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Cup fixtures have been added to the website - didn't realise they weren't there.

Please update the scores.
That's it!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Ponytail - Can you please give us a brief summary of your game. I heard Windsor went up 1-0 via penalty.
That was half time score. Mt Barker 1-1 via a penalty. 2-1 Windsor final with a very good goal.

Ross - Give us a summary of your game. I heard Unley were 1-0 up.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Windsor and Mt Barker scored a penalty each and then Windsor's winning goal came from a superb free kick. There was a quick check by the ref but fortunately the guy who scored had his name written on the match sheet.

Unley scored from a penalty and were 1-0 up at half time. Pembroke equalised from the penalty spot and then scored a second soon after. Pembroke went 3-1 up with about 10 minutes left. Unley scored their second goal in the last minute and it finished 3-2.

Two well-contested semi-finals and commiserations to Mt Barker and Unley.

Looking forward to what should be a great final.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Chelsea,

2-1 - very good result for Windsor.

5 mins in, MB were denied from a brilliant cross and header into the middle by WG's keeper who made a reflex save from 6 yards out.

Yes Windsor went 1-0 up for an obvious penalty when the MB keeper downed one of our players in the box after he touched it passed him. A clear pen with no debate from MB however, keeper was not even shown a yellow which was quite ludicrous.

Both MB and WG continued to press with both having some good attacking spells. About 15 mins after MB were awarded a pen after WG defender hand balled in the box. Again, no debates here, quite obvious. MB make it 1-1.

Last part of the half, MB had some good chances even hitting the post but the break finished up tied.

2nd half, MB came out attacking hard which put WG on the back foot but their defense held up well. Bit of a midfield battle also but WG continued to press on the counter and were awarded a free kick from 25 yards out after a promising run from Chicken Nugget saw him down just outside the area. Ironically it was the same player who was missing from the team sheet (Rostrevorgate) that kicked home. A brilliant free kick.

MB continued to press in the dying stages but again, Windsor's defence held up.

Mount Barker clearly deserved to be there, they played well. One of their strengths are the dangerous and quick balls that are whipped into the area. This happened a number of times and WG were caught out on the odd occasion.

Looking forward to the Cup Final!