2015 Cup Semi Final

Cup chat, fixtures and results.
roswil
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars FC

2015 Cup Semi Final

Post by roswil »

22 August @ Adelaide Shores.

Windsor v Mt Barker (12.30pm)
The last time they met was in the 2013 Cup Quarter Final (0-0 AET, Mt Barker went through 8-7 on pens).

Unley v Pembroke (2.30pm)
Deja vu as well. The last time they met in a Cup comp was last years' Semi Final (Unley 1-0 FT). However, Pembroke beat Unley this year (1-0).

Should be a great match for all four teams!
chelsea

Re: 2015 Cup Semi Final

Post by chelsea »

245pm kickoff for the 2nd game. Allows a bit of time for extra time / penalties if needed in the 1st game so the 2nd lot of teams are not waiting around. 2 big match ups.

Too early to tip. See how the teams form is going over the next few weeks.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Crusader get's his wish!
Snowball

Post by Snowball »

BRING IT
roswil
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars FC

Post by roswil »

Going on form for each of the teams from the last couple of weeks, it's still too hard to pick the winners of these two matches. I'll be tipping my lads (Unley) naturally.

Windsor v Mt Barker
Windsor: 2-1. However, I think Mt Barker will win if the match goes into extra time - fitness getting them over the line.

Unley v Pembroke
Unley: 1-0

Both games are going to be very good to watch.

Good luck to all Clubs.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Barker to win 5-2. Our division 3 team drew 3-3 with Windsor a few weeks ago.

Pembroke to win the other semi on penalties.

Barker to go back to back!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

crusader_ wrote:Barker to win 5-2. Our division 3 team drew 3-3 with Windsor a few weeks ago.

Pembroke to win the other semi on penalties.

Barker to go back to back!
I don't think Windsor would of have showen you guys all their tricks. I also think they were happy to drop pts there and make you guys think that they are not that good. Be ready Mt Barker.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Windsor have a lot of respect for Mt Barker from the year they battled for the Div 2A title. Since then they have gone from strength to strength and that cup game a few years back shows how far they have come.

It will come down to experience vs fitness and for me, is too close to call.

I have a feeling it will go to extra time though. Past history shows there is a bees dick between the two.
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Post by hanners »

divineponytail wrote:Windsor have a lot of respect for Mt Barker from the year they battled for the Div 2A title. Since then they have gone from strength to strength and that cup game a few years back shows how far they have come.

It will come down to experience vs fitness and for me, is too close to call.

I have a feeling it will go to extra time though. Past history shows there is a bees dick between the two.

It's all about the ref for this match. A piss weak ref.. WG will win with their off the ball antics and surrounding the ref on every decision.

Barker will win if it's a strong ref as WG could get some of their quality players with big mouths sent off...

If both teams play football.. Then a great game will happen. 2-2 full time. Then, who knows who will win. Nothing between them really.. Good luck. Will try get down to watch. Good luck to both.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Do we have official linesmen for the semis? That should prevent off the ball stuff.

I'll stick with my prediction of 5-2 to Barker ... but after extra time!