Not-So Super Friday

nobody

Re: Not-So Super Friday

Post by nobody »

This is all one big joke. How can we accept what the ffsa has done? Don't we have an agreement or contract to protect us from the ffsa being incompetent? If you want confirmation on how bad the ffsa is just ask any of the super league clubs. You will never rely on them again. Seriously we have been around long enough to know what they are like.
I feel sorry for the clubs that have to put up with this crap. Lets stand up and be strong in fighting for the csl.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Have to say...despite the potential good points of a "super Friday" event, The whole idea just isn't worth labouring over any longer.
The Burton facility is one of the worst surfaces in terms of drainage I have seen if you take public park pitches out of the equation and on top of that, its day trip there and back after a long working week, which means guys are having to drive home, int he dark, after a long week and a game of soccer (assuming they don't have a beer after the game!!)
If clubs want to volunteer to play on Fridays at any ground, then good on them but stop making it a madatory event which involves clubs time, organisation and expense to accomodate, only to be let down via sub standard facilities at the last moment.
My club specifically asked not to have a Friday night game as it does not fit our players avaialbility at all but we are being forced intoi a 'Super Dooper Friday" event that will end up with a sub standard squad, miles from home on a crap pitch....
Rant over.....for now......
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

This doesn't sound right, the pitch condition, its hardly been torrential. All Mt Barker pitches, even the ones that struggle in wet weather with DIY drainage are perfect. Our fine tax dollars have been spent wisely here it seems. I wonder, did anyone play at Burton on Saturday, NPL?
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

There were 2 Premier League games on Friday night, may be the FFSA didn’t have enough Ref’s?