Div 3

nobody

Div 3

Post by nobody »

On the weekend we experienced the worst act of bad sportsmanship and disrespect. Uni SA who conveniently forfeited our game earler in the season decided to forfeit the game at half time with enough players to field a team. It is amazing how last week they were ok to beat Mount Barker.
Why is Uni SA playing? I hope the league has a good look at this and takes serious action against them. Fair enough if you can not field a team and pull out of the competition but do not come to a game and say we do not want to play. Then have the nerve to say what if we forfeit and we play a friendly. What is this, a joke or something?
Lets go back 7-8 years ago when Windsor was the laughing stock of the league. The team would regularily play with 9-10 players and get smashed. Not once did they say well we are going to lose today so we won't play. Now that we have got our act together not only do we have to play in div 3 (where we don't belong) we have to put up with this crap. People have families and jobs that they leave behind to play the game we love and for this to happen is a real kick in the face. Then for them to say, what do you care, you got the win and you will win the league.
If the Collegiate league wants to be a serious league then we have to get rid of this crap because it is a joke to say the least. It is not our fault we are in the wrong division so why should we be punished.
Finally I take my hat off to two great clubs in Mount Barker (who I wrongfully bagged at the begining of the season) and Uni Black. Firstly Mount Barker have fielded a team every week and enjoy playing. Their attitude and spirit is second to none and I hope they do well in the future. Uni Black last week could of easily called the game off due to a mixup of grounds. But they drove from their ground to ours, supplied a ref and played. All of this within 30 mins of starting the game. These are people that also love the game and play for all the right reasons.
Uni SA you do not deserve to be in the same competition as these two honourable clubs.
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Re: Div 3

Post by dash riprock »

:o
Last edited by dash riprock on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Unfortunately I feel it is a minority group of players that have the bad attitude. I felt that the majority of players would like to play but there are a few that bring the team and club down. The problem is that soccer is a team sport and we are all judged as a team. If Uni SA get rid of the rubbish then the guys that want to play will do well and enjoy the game as it should be.
The team is majority Asian students who were keen to play and gave it all on the field. Even to the extent that one of the guys borrowed a pair of our boots so he could make up the numbers. The problem is the attitude of a few players that cause the problems and frankly look like they do not want to play.
Sorry for going on, but it makes me angry that a few poor people can bring down a bunch of good people.
pizza&beer

Post by pizza&beer »

How can you decide to not play at half time???!!!! This is unheard of!!!!! In my opinion, a severe punishment should be administered to this team/club. This sort of thing needs to be stamped out of the CSL!!!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

what was the score at Half time?

League has to come down hard otherwise the lower divisions will get out of control.
nobody

Post by nobody »

7-0
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

So what will the result be officially? 7-0 or 3-0? Surely has to be 7-0 if the match started otherwise teams will just stop playing after score is 4-0 or greater.

Obviously not having an official ref might of contributed to the situation.

I would not be happy if I was at Windsor. Coming out to 45minutes of soccer and go through all that crap.
pizza&beer

Post by pizza&beer »

Also not fair to players who lose best and fairest votes, goal scoring tallys etc
nobody

Post by nobody »

Official result is 3-0. Ref was not an issue, he was very fair even to the extent of paying 50/50 decisions to Uni to avoid any conflict.
Marechiaro17
Current Club: WGOS

Post by Marechiaro17 »

If the League dont come down hard they are a joke.

Whats to stop teams spitting the dummy if this happens in Div 1 or 2.

Well in Uni Black you bunch of sooks.