Div 3

Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Re: Div 3

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

It was Uni SA.... Careful!! ;)
Definitely needs something sorting..... ANy resaponse from UniSA to balance this argument?
yak

Post by yak »

Surely you cannot forfeit at half time - that's ridiculous?
CSL need to step in there - at LEAST the 7-0 should stand, but i think the club should be reprimanded also.
You can't just decide to go home because you're losing... SURELY!
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Its either tactically astute or very poor sportsmanship...either way I don't like it!!
nobody

Post by nobody »

We have been informed that 7-0 will stand. The score is not the issue, so lets see what happens.....lets see how serious this league really is. Will the league take a hard stance or will they be soft and try to keep peace? Interesting times ahead with who is involved and who will need to make the hard decisions.
UniSA
Current Club: UniSA

Post by UniSA »

Ok, so I have spent the last couple of days trying to get to the bottom of what happened on Saturday in regards to the Div 3 fixture between UniSA and Windsor. I wasn't there so it is important that I had as much information as possible to inform those interested on this forum.

While I have absolutely no obligation to explain things to people on here I believe in transperancy of clubs and keeping lines of communication open.

UniSA started the match with 9 players, one of which was already carrying an injury. During the match 2 more players suffered injuries and didn't feel that they could continue thus meaning we only had 6 fit players to return to the field. We had someone who was transporting 2 other players to the game while this was happening but the game had already stopped by the time the extras arrived.

The club is experiencing some major issues at present which is affecting our ability to be competitive in the lower divisions. These issues were somewhat unforseeable and basically comes down to groups of players not doing the right thing by the club, and therefor the CSL. As mentioned in a previous post Windsor have been awarded the 7-0 victory as deserved. On behalf of UniSA I would like to apolagise to those involved on the weekend from Windsor Gardens.

We are a new club and still trying to find our feet. We welcome the support and encouragemet that we have received from other clubs members both on this forum and out on Saturdays. We look forward to the remainder of the season.
nobody

Post by nobody »

I appreciate what you are saying Uni SA but being there I have a different version of events.
I was in the middle of it all and am willing to talk to anyone on the committee to discuss the matter further. You have been given a very convenient assesment of the day which is not entirely accurate. Especially given the fact there were 11 Uni SA players there at half time.
Marechiaro17
Current Club: WGOS

Post by Marechiaro17 »

They started the game with 11 players, that simple.

Some overheard one of their players at the start of teh game state "why dont we just leave".

Convenient story UniSA. Convenient Story.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

It's not that UniSA are "disorganized" I think its just a case of that they are bunch of girls dresses. You either forfeit the match before the game or play, you can't quit halfway through - that's unheard of. If I was the league boss I would remove the entire UniSA Div 3 team out of the league......or if I was the league Boss i'd head down to UniSA (every campus), kick down the door of the faculty lounge and piss on thier text books. That'll teach them.....then they won't be able to play soccer and they won't be able to study.
pizza&beer

Post by pizza&beer »

It would be even more disappointing if there was a senior representative from that club present and allowed this to occur....
nobody

Post by nobody »

That's a bit harsh divineponytail
It is more the case of one or two guys calling the shots. As per my previous post most of the guys actually wanted to play. The couple of guys that didn't, forced the the decision, and I don't think the instigater is a current student (I could be wrong). Most of the guys have enough dignity and pride to play but the minority stuff it up for the rest. Get rid of the crap and the team will thrive, only the club can do that.