Div 3

Marechiaro17
Current Club: WGOS

Re: Div 3

Post by Marechiaro17 »

Just a culture thing one would think.

These one or two perps that forced the halting of the match should take a long hard look in the mirror and stick to study I think.

Just study lads.

The other disappointing thing was the senior official who rocked up and told some WGOS players not to worry about the score as "they had won the league anyway".

Yeah, don't worry about it, just let teams dictate to the league, encourage people to just f*ck off at half time.

PS his goalkeeping apparel was just plain appalling.

Plain appalling.
yak

Post by yak »

Maybe this issue could be discussed between the 2 clubs - dineponytail... all i can say is you're not helping here!
Obviously it's Uni SA's first season & there are always going to be issues. In this case it sounds like one or two indivduals have tarnished the reputation of the team. Here's hoping Uni SA can sort this stuff out & improve as a club.
ImmanuelDove7

Post by ImmanuelDove7 »

They forfeited against our Div 4 side at Immanuel the other week even though they still had 9 players. OIur boys were pretty disappointed and instead they we played a friendly match against Uni SA, otherwise they had all wasted a trip. In saying that though they are a new club and we need to support them as a league, from Immanuel's point of view a little advanced warning of forfeits can ease any tension.
nobody

Post by nobody »

This is the problem with Uni SA's attitude. They want to forfeit and play a friendly. They did the same thing to us but we said it is either an official game or no game. What happens if someone gets seriously injured or there is some form of trouble. If you are playing an unofficial friendly game then I'm pretty sure you are not covered by the FFSA. No insurance, no sanctions, no laws.
Uni SA should eith play by the rules or field the number of teams they can. If you do not have the capacity for 4 teams only field 2 or 3, we will then not have this problem.
Marechiaro17
Current Club: WGOS

Post by Marechiaro17 »

Yeah, they are a new side let them do whatever they want, turn up, play, dont play if you dont feel like it, one player wear no shinpads, no boots etc etc.

I mean, come on, WTF is going on.

Yarders.
yak

Post by yak »

Surely you can't play without shin pads? that's ridiculous!
nobody

Post by nobody »

Congratulations Mt Barker for your first victory. I hope you guys enjoyed it and celebrated accordingly. You deserved a victory for the season and hopefully this is the first of many.
Also well done to Uni Sa for fielding a team this week and actually playing a full game. Obviously felt like playing this week. Fortunately you do not have to play Windsor in the last few week so you won't have to forfeit any more games.
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

Was good to win, hard game though....the kind i prefer than being thrashed.