Cup Semi Finals Results

chelsea

Cup Semi Finals Results

Post by chelsea »

Windsor and Unley (3) through to final. Well done.

I wasnt there so clubs will need to provide a run down.

Windsor (3) 3 - Mercedes (1A) 1

Unley (3) 4 - Pembroke (1A) 2

I expected WIndsor to go through with Pembroke 1A. I was half right. As i have said all along Unley (3) are a mixed team of majority Div 3 with help of 1A and 1B players that were not cup tied. Looks like Unley (3) wanted it more and Pembroke might have thought it was going to be a walk in the parklands. Mr Jim will not be happy.

Mercedes - 3 losses in a row. That would have to be some kind of record for the 1A side side. I cannot remember the last time this might of happened to them. To their credit at least it was against quality oppostion. They will need to bounce back quick if they want to win the 1A title.

Mercedes will now have to aim for the league title to have a shot at the Super Cup.

Well done to Windsor and Unley (3). Cup final to be played by 2 dIV 3 sides.
Marechiaro17
Current Club: WGOS

Re: Cup Semi Finals Results

Post by Marechiaro17 »

Windsor just too good on the day, as hard as Mercs tried, Windsor a different class.
pizza&beer

Post by pizza&beer »

Two Div 3 teams in the final, just goes to show this comp is for anyone to take, even though Windsor looked like they could have easily kicked in to another gear!! I also saw the first half of the second semi, didn't look like either team would stretch an in form Windsor...
yak

Post by yak »

Wow - Unley too good for Pembroke A's - anyone watch the match?
2 x Div 3 teams in the final... Does that mean Div 3 is really the top division in the Collegiate league? (i'm going with that)
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Its a shame that the normal Div 3 Unley players have to make way for A's and B's players wanting to make an impact on the team to try and win some silverware. Watching from the stands, Windsor looked like absolute class and don't think Unley can match them - but anything is possible on the day.
nobody

Post by nobody »

I think it is more Unley select side rather than Unley Div 3. Windsor play Unley in the final round of the season and I can garantee it will be a different team to the one that plays the final, which we have no problem with.
Windsor will not take them lightly because as we saw last year if you are good enough to make the final you are good enough to win it.
It will just look good in the record books seeing two div 3 clubs playing in the final which will guarantee for the second year in a row a Div 3 team will win the cup.
White Unicorn

Post by White Unicorn »

A shame that Windsor played SHOC in the qtrs as probably they are the best 2 teams in the competition on paper and would have been a good Cup Final. Heard the game was very evenly matched. But that is the beauty of the cup, well done to both teams.
yak

Post by yak »

Yeah, great to see 2 Div 3 teams in the cup... It's what makes cup competition exciting!
pizza&beer

Post by pizza&beer »

It's definately going to be an interesting final, especially when Windsor face Unley in their last league game.
Unley are well supported so there should be plenty of noise about in the final, still think they've got a mammoth task ahead of them though.
LGA

Post by LGA »

Windsor just too good for Mercedes..... Soaked up any pressure relatively easily, then went forward with more purpose and polish on the final decisions. Just too good.

Taking the p*ss these blokes beating sides in Div 3 all year (and for many before this), but having them play Div 1A is not viable without another team, and they would smash teams in 2A almost as much as they currently are. That being said a lot of their players would be beyond 30 I would think and it is not feasible for them to go to 2A next season, then gain instant promotion to play 1A in 2013, have a decent crack, but then likely their players would look to finish or maybe Over 35's and they would soon become strugglers, with no foresight (by the looks) to grow the club and develop new upcoming players I think they are happy to be big fish in Div 3 and be happy to play with mates and win lots of stuff while they can, but every chance to be a completely different group of people in 2 or 3 years (if not move in a different direction). Rock and a hard place for the CSL in my opinion.

In regards to Unley, I can tell you they will definitely be a different team in the last game of the year against WGOS, but that happens week in and week out when you have 5 teams. Rarely a settled group of players. In fact looking back at the last time they met, you will see 8 of the same blokes play in the final (barring injury etc) and the other blokes will come from Div 1B & a couple from Div 4.

A changing guard at the Rangers, with the old guard playing down the gradses now and young kids being given a chance, this has seen a lot of players move from Div 3 all they way to Div 1, bodes well for future and progression into a new era.

All players that represented on Saturday and will in the final have played Div 3 or lower at some stage through the year, no stacking, just picking the best side available.

WGOS might still be too string though..... Although Unley will throw different things at them than Mercedes did. WGOS go in favourites, which is different to last year as well.

Well done to both teams.

Side note, was very surprised to see a lack of supporters there from Mercedes and Pembroke on the day.