Uni Black - Forfeits

Piker

Uni Black - Forfeits

Post by Piker »

looks like blacks have forfeited their last 2 games, one of which is against sacred heart. not sure on the equality of this. If SHOC's draw the last game against ROCS, it will come down to goal difference and thats a massive disadvantage to SHOC having only played blacks once.

reason for them pulling the pin on the last two games?
White Unicorn

Re: Uni Black - Forfeits

Post by White Unicorn »

An absolute joke if this is the case. I've heard they are still filling a B Grade and C Grade side? Makes no sense at all. Fair enough if their C grade pulls out due to lack of numbers etc, but not an A grade side. Makes a mockery of the comp, CSL should not let this happen if what ive heard is true.
Messi#10
Current Club: Sacred Heart

Post by Messi#10 »

It is a joke lads isn't it!

I play B's for Sacred Heart & I'm not sure what's happening with our game against them on the weekend (guess I'll find out at training 2nite). Fingers crossed we get to play but it's a bit odd to forfeit the A's.

As the Unicorn said it doesn't make sense to forfeit the A's but still play B's & C's. I'm assuming that means the regular A team players will be playing B's & regular B team players may drop into the C's?

Very weird to do it that way, I haven't looked at the table but I'm guessing they are relegated already?
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

This is not good. Not sure what the reasons are but it could have an effect on the Div 1A championship.

If I was Sacred Heart I would not be happy.

Its not just a goal difference factor but also a break which could go against them. Most coaches would want to play and not lose momentum.

A couple things should happen. Uni Balck to field A & B side. Forfeit 3rd side. Looks like they dont want to play in the 1A games.

If this is the case then League should just tell them to leave 1A and 1B for the rest of the year. Even their 3rd team should not allowed to be played.

If they are kicked out then all results from the year should be cancelled out and tables reset so all teams are on a level playing field and we can finish the championship properly.

What seemed like an exciting ending could now be in jeopardy.

Hopefully all is fixed soon.
yak

Post by yak »

Pretty sure in the CSL rules, the bottom team should forfeit & players are moved up.
When the Uni Black team pulled out of Div 3 last season, their Div 4 team stepped up for the remainder of the season.
Sacred Heart - guys, call Dino & get him to talk to the Blacks. You should sort it before the weekend.
White Unicorn

Post by White Unicorn »

Exactly. They have forfeited 1A due to lack of numbers. If thats the case, players are pushed up the grades and they forfeit C grade. Logical. Surely CSL wont let them do this, players dont pay fees, give up time etc to allow this to happen. By the looks of the results on the website this may be the case already. :shock:
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Yes, they have been allowed to do it - the website only displays official results!

However, I personally don't agree with it and am following up with the AUSC. If you feel the same you should contact the CSL Executive through your clubs.
That's it!
nobody

Post by nobody »

What a joke. Another team deciding when they do or don't play. Remember last year Uni Black forfeited most of the second half of last season in div 3. Why do they still have 3 teams if they can not sustain it. Another big mistake by the csl allowing them to field 3 teams after what happened last year. Looks like they don't care about the quality of the competition but only the money the teams bring in. One way to fix it, if they don't field an A team they then forfeit all their games and are issued with a large fine.
You can not field a B team and not an A team....it doesn't make sense....your A team is the best available player on the day for the club.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

The problem is that Uni Black do not care about CSL. Their main priority is their teamsin the SAASL and all the other girls and boys teams that they have.

Uni Black have 3 teams in the league this year. They play in friendship groups. So basically they will have players running around in the 1A comp who should be playing div 3. Then they have some good players in Div 3 and Div 1B who should be playing A's.

If they picked their best 11 players then they would have a competitive team in 1A.

This is how they run their club and they have no respect to the CSL or the teams that they play against.

When they visited our ground they left the biggest mess in our toilet block. Washing all their boots in hand wash basins. Mud all over the walls.

I even had to go dig our 2 match balls out of one of the players bag. Thank god they were there as then they would of said that I was racist or thought that they were thieves if they were not there.

They dont care about the league so no point holding on to these guys.
Messi#10
Current Club: Sacred Heart

Post by Messi#10 »

Completely agree with everyone's comments. As I said I play for Sacred Heart & I'll be speaking to the guys 2nite at training to see if anyone wants to speak to the CSL about it. I'll ring Dino myself if needed just to see why the league have allowed them to do it this way & not forfeited the C's instead.

Our A's have the title on the line over the next 2 games & with Mercedes belting them earlier in the season (13-0 I think it was) it hardly seems fair we only get a 3-0 win. The titles in our hands obviously but if it comes down to goal difference it would make the league look like a bit of a farce if you ask me!