Uni Black - Forfeits

nobody

Re: Uni Black - Forfeits

Post by nobody »

What a load of crap.
If Uni Black is a club with 3 teams then they should field their best team in the A's from what's available...end of story. Players are registered for Uni Black, not Uni Black A's, B's, C's. They just don't want to play and are not taking the competition seriously. Yes Dino you are right regarding the rules of the game but not in the spirit of the game. Also, you say, it is not fair if sacred heart play a weaker uni black for goal average but it is fair that mercedes get a 13 goal win against them. I'm sure other clubs have fielded B and C players in the A's to make up the numbers. Come on...the league is taking the soft easy road.
Lets hope it doesn't come down to goal average because the competition will lose alot of credability.
Lets see if Uni Black get away with this.....my bet is they will.
skids
Current Club: Pulteney

Post by skids »

Either they field a team in the A's for the two remaining games or the entire club is kicked out of the league immediately and all results for all their sides are recalculated to 3-0 losses. It's the only solution. A pre-determined forfeit for their highest eleven is ludicrous - if there's going to be a forfeit it HAS to be for their lowest team - there's surely no team in the league that would argue with that?

As for the rules catering for the situation, isn't there a clause which says the exec have final say over everything? If it's at the exec's discretion, then please, use your powers otherwise I agree with "nobody", there's a real risk of the CSL losing a lot of credibility.
terriblygifted

Post by terriblygifted »

Suggesting they get booted out of the league is a bit extreme. They aren't a dirty, racist, cheating side. Their only crime is that they aren't overly well managed. Hardly a reason to kick them out of the competition.

My suggestion. Let the club forfeit all 3 teams for the remainder of the season. They are relegated and then they need to prove before next year that they have the ability to play 1,2 or 3 teams on a consistent basis. I'm sure if a fine was forthcoming or if a bond was lost should they fail to meet their obligations, this situation should be avoided next year.
skids
Current Club: Pulteney

Post by skids »

Not suggesting they are racist etc etc, but if they're refusing to move their players up from their B/C teams into the A's, then there's no place for them IMO
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

This situation is no good.

The best thing that can happen this week is if Pulteney can get a result against Mercedes. Draw or win.

Sacred Heart win championship and then the Uni Black forfeit wont effect things.

If Mercedes win then the last round will be interesting as Sacred Heart play Rostrevor. A draw is a good bet and therefore both of them finish top but Mercedes will have a better goal difference and the talking point will be the uni balck forfeit.

This is a joke and I am sure many people will not be happy.

All the clubs that have forfeited a game this year due to low numbers they have always forfeited their lowest team. Just imagine if those clubs picked and chose which game they wont play. What a sambles.

Uni black should forfeit C game and play A / B. End of story.

I actually think their C team is better then their A team anyway.

The issue at the start of the year was Windsor in Div 3. I would be happy to have them in Div 3 and not have this other crap going on instead.

Sacred Heart should play their A team this week against one of the Uni Blacks just to keep momentum going.

I hope Pultney do something so we can close this issue.
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

I think the most interesting thing to come out here is that their div 3 team suddenly smashed a team that was midtable i.e Sacred Heart 2 - Uni Black 7. After uniblack only won 1 game all year, suddenly after their div 1 team falls through, their div 3 team improves considerably. It might have been "fairer" for the Div 1 teams if they pulled out, but the issues seem to be flowing down to div 3. Something dodgy here.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Nothing wrong with any team moving players between their squads...thats the call of the coach / team manger BUT I also noticed that Div3 result and Uni Black have been hopeless in Div 3 all year and suddemnly get a big result against a good mid table side...... The CSL have already made their excuses and look as they will do nothing to sort this situation out but to potentially affect the winners of Div 1a is not acceptable and makes a mockery of the competition. A club is a club and although the commitee seem to disagree, the club should always play its A team first and the consequences run down hill. To say its not in the constitution is just a cop out.
The effects of forfeits is always a problem as goal difference is worth a point... How about giving the forfeit result as an average of the fofeiting teams conceeeded golas OR 3 - 0 (whichever is greater). That would at least give some credability to the result? One way or another, the commitee needs to work out how to deal with this and protect the integrity of the elite division otherwise it all becomes a joke...... The number of gripes about teams fofeiting has grown this year so we need to be proactive in resolving this. UniSA in Div3, Uni Black in Div 1 etc may only be the start of it if we don't have some consequences as I have heard a number of teams in Div 3 talking about 'fofeiting' games against WG if tyhe league don't sort that issue out... Thats totally unacceptable but if people are thinking about AND their is no consequence it MAY happen!!
Pull your fingers out Commitee....
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Just realised the irony of Uni Blacks pulling out of the Div 1 game against Sacred Heart then loading their C team with Div 1B players to beat... Sacred Heart!!!!
I would be fuming as:
- Div 1A Sacred Heart player
- Div3 Sacred Heart player
- Other teams at the bottom of Div 3 who were competing for position at the lower end (if any!)
The whole A team leaving for China is Male Cow pooh...the results don't lie.
Lets not hide behind the constitution and make a positive statement on how to stop this happening again as it could have affected the title (it hasn't / shouldn't - but COULD HAVE) which is totally unacceptable.
EVERY game our club had played has seen players moved en masse between the lower grades to ensure we had the best A team out in order to be respectful of the club and league. This often means the C grade gets a battering as a result but thats the the way it goes and always has done in every league I've ever played in....
The official response from the league ISN't encouraging though. :(
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

The league is not happy with this and they will make some adjustments going forward. If you are not happy then I think you need to talk to Uni Black about the issue as they have let the league down and clubs that were due to play them.

We wont see Uni black in Div 1 next year so thats one good thing as they dont take the comp seriously. If they keep on going the way they are then they might not be in the league at all.
nobody

Post by nobody »

If the league is not happy why didn't they do anything about it last year, when Uni Black forfeited Rounds 12 - 21 in div 3. Obviously this was acceptable because nothing changed. The only difference this year is that it happened in div 1 and we now have this forum.
Another joke...bit like the div 2 simba & regency saga and windsor gardens in div 3.
Who is running the show and do they really care about the quality of the league?