The real winners of div 2B

crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

The real winners of div 2B

Post by crusader »

Surely MBUSC should be given some kind of award for being coming runners up and being a genuine b team and not an a team like Simba. Thoughts
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Re: The real winners of div 2B

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Its tough playing in a Division where there are genuine A teams but you have to play to the 'rules' no matter how loaded thay may be!
Take heart in the fact that both Grads Red and Mt Barker managed to pull a result against these guys which in itself is an achievement I think?
As for an award..... maybe we should all get one?? ;)
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

If we are going to give MBUSC an award then we might as well give Mercedes an award in Div 3 for coming 2nd to Windsor Gardens.

I understand your point and maybe next year after the CSL see how many teams they have can avoid these lob sided match ups if its possible.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

I agree!
Having 2 Division 3 teams in the final makes a mockery of the Divisions...... Both teams are more than capable of playing in Div 1 and competing for the title.....
Reality is no team in Div 3 will win the title whilst WG are there and no team in Div2b will get ahead of Simba (although the gap is closer).
Having said all that, always a challenge to play thes teams and gauge your progress I suppose??
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Post by MickyP21 »

Meh Simba weren't that good, im from Norwood and we finished 6th and Simba's best result against us was 3-1, didnt finish top? Too bad....
baggieboy

Post by baggieboy »

I'm pretty sure the great Norwood side of 2009 knocked of Windsor quite easily...