Kickoff Changes

Do you like the changed kickoff times?

Yes - consistency is the key
45%
I like that the A's finish earlier, but that's it...
9%
No - 1:30 and 3:15 was much better
23%
Pfft, who cares?
23%

Total votes: 22

wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Kickoff Changes

Post by wojindows »

So this year Div 1A and 1B kickoffs have changed to line up with the rest of the divs.

I preferred the different times last year so I could catch some of all our club's matches, and our Div 3 players could support the A's. The only benefit is the A's don't finish in the dark...

Anyone else agree?
That's it!
No.8

Re: Kickoffs Changes

Post by No.8 »

"The only benefit is the A's don't finish in the dark..."

I think this is rather important, wouldn't you agree?
wojindows
Site Admin

Re: Kickoffs Changes

Post by wojindows »

Yes - a definite benefit :)

But all kickoffs could have been moved back by 15/30mins to keep them off-set.
That's it!
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Re: Kickoff Changes

Post by Ross30 »

There are definitely arguments both ways. I agree that a downside is that most division 3 teams do not get to see any of their club's A grade matches and vice versa. But moving away from staggered kick-off times does help a bit in terms of refereeing appointments and the scheduled gap between 1pm and 3pm games should help ensure the late game is never delayed, match sheets are done prior to kick-off, etc. And in the event that a referee isn't appointed to a game (happened a lot in divs 3 and 4 last year), players from a larger number of teams from your club will be available to help-out - ie a div 1B player or div 4 player could referee a div 3 match or vice versa.
GK_1

Post by GK_1 »

i think the div 1a kick off is fine, just lack the supporters as mentioned already because of the div 3 or 4 not being able to watch!
wojindows
Site Admin

Post by wojindows »

Ross30 wrote:But moving away from staggered kick-off times does help a bit in terms of refereeing appointments and the scheduled gap between 1pm and 3pm games should help ensure the late game is never delayed, match sheets are done prior to kick-off, etc. And in the event that a referee isn't appointed to a game (happened a lot in divs 3 and 4 last year), players from a larger number of teams from your club will be available to help-out
Good to see the Executive Committee giving their input on the forum Ross!

Fair enough on the reasons - I can't believe you didn't think about how it affects me though :lol:
That's it!