Div 2A 2012

divineponytail

Div 2A 2012

Post by divineponytail »

Div 2A seems to be a good battle this year with three teams being undefeated. Not sure if WG still have what it takes, do Westminster and Immanuel seem the goods ?
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Re: Div 2A 2012

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Best chance for a while for team to get out of Div2 this year.... A very, very close Division with the top 6 able to take oints of any of the others I reckon....
Windsors credentials will be tested and become clear over the next 2 league games... If they win, they are the goods, if not, The promotion spots could go 1 of 6 ways!
yak

Post by yak »

Windsor will be the measuring stick.. Dont worry about that. It's up to all the other teams to bring their A game against them. Will be an interesting season i'm sure.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

So.... as the half way point of the season approaches, how does everyone see 2A going?
Windsor are still up there undefeated but its looking like a good battle will play out for the second promotion spot with 3 maybe 4 teams in with a shout?
Who will be the first to take any points of Windsor and will they move up into Div 1 when (not if) they finish in the promotion spot??
Balotelli
Current Club: Windsor Gardens

Post by Balotelli »

Don't think Windsor will be allowed to be promoted unless they have 2 teams. Will surely be an issue to contend with at the end of the season, as Windsor should finish in the top 2. Westminster and Mt Barker look like having a decent chance at promotion too. Maybe 3rd place will gain promotion if Windsor are in the top 2 but can't go up. The CSL should make the rules clear on that soon, so teams know what they might be playing for if they finish 3rd (assuming Windsor don't make an effort to have 2 teams).
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

Div 2 in theory has the same foramt and rules as Div 1.. therefore Windsor are a 2 team club (cobbled together I know) in a 2 team Division. Think it would be wrong if the league don't promote them - assuming they stay there!
IF they cannot be promoted or overlooked for promotion, the league should make that clear NOW to all the clubs in the inetrst of fairness. It will be Cow poo if this position is taken at the ned of the season.... Have alook at the SAASL who have had a right ding dong when a club was allowed to remain in the DIvision that they won... the next clubs in line all refused promotion and they went to the 5th placed club before gettign an acceptance for promotion.... That club is now getting whacked every week in the higher league funnily enough and will suffer from the experience I would guess (even though playing at ahigher level should be a positive thing). The animosity it caused there was huge for no reak reason..
Lets make it clear what the deal is NOW.... Poor old Windsor get a battering on this subject every year it seems but its up to the league to sort out and clarify the rules / conditions and its not WIndsors fault.
My 2 cents worth anywayt :)
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

I'm pretty sure the deal was that if Windsor win 2A they have to form a second team and will be promoted. Don't know how you exactly enforce that though...
That's it!
cruie

Post by cruie »

The league "promoted" Windsor to D2A. In order to keep D2A and D2B with an equal number of teams, the league asked one of the big clubs to field a fifth team (Pembroke? I can't remember ...) to play in D2B

Unless - as suggested above - some "secret" deal was done ... and if it was, then everyone needs to know about it right now ... assuming they finish top-2 Windsor should be getting promoted just like any other team. If needs be, some club or other will need to find a "spare team" to play in D1B, next season, if Windsor remain a one team club (or there is a BYE in D1B, if no other team can be found).

If that doesn't happen, then the league may as well have left Windsor in D3, from where there is no promotion

Anything else is daft.
yak

Post by yak »

What if CSL announce now that Windsor are not going up?
Might see teams 'tank' games so they don't finish 3rd & get promoted...
Just being devils advocate.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

Problem is that the CSL can't make the third place team go up... they can ask them ..
This has just happened in the SAASL and the third and forth placed teams refused based on not being ready for the next level....
The league has grown over the last few years and probably needs a rethink on how the divisions work....
Having a 3rd and 4th Division that contain teams that simply blast all; the others each year ain't smart.... Div 3 and 4 needs to become a promotion / relegation scenario to even the leagues out. The argument that Pembroke and Mercedes etc can't have 2 teams in one division doesn't hold water as Unley did this a few years back and there was no 'tanking' (that I could see!!).
Truley competitive leagues that have simple, robust mechanisms for promotions etc are required and we need to make sure we don't have all sorts of issues when teams can't get promotion for whatever reason... If Windsor or any other club can't fly by them rules...... thats life and the league should move on. IF the league had a competitive Div 3 and 4 with promotion, Windsor could have stayed there and played against very competitive teams with no issue... My opinion is that some of the big boys in the lower Divs enjoy shooting goldfish in barrels but there is no longevity in that. New teams will struggle to retain players if they are thumped etc...