Uni Whites vs Sacred Heart 1A

ChrisRogers
Current Club: Scotch

Post by ChrisRogers »

Anyone know what happened in this game? Why the 3-0 forfeit?
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Re: Uni Whites vs Sacred Heart 1A

Post by wojindows »

We stuffed up - thought we were playing the 2nd game at 8:45... :oops:
That's it!
ChrisRogers
Current Club: Scotch

Post by ChrisRogers »

Oh, Ouch!
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

Can't reschedule?
avagoyamug
Current Club: Sacret Heart

Post by avagoyamug »

Waiting for the poo to fly...

Im not from SHOC but I wouldnt reschedule after going all that way there only to not have the other team turn up.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Firstly - Chelsea - European Champions. What a year!

-----
[Content removed by moderator]
-----

From a neutral it would of been great if the game got played. Speak to anyone in the league and the feeling is that the 1A title has again come under a dark cloud.

Im not sure what SHOC are thinking today but knowing most the guys I am sure that they would want to win the title properly. Properly being to play Uni White and beat them.

On Friday night it was easy to say take the 3pts. Its human to do so. But now I believe that SHOC should come out and demand a replay. Uni White to admit to mistakes and give other clubs more respect.

As mentioned before I support what SHOC did after what they might of gone through but I now think that once emotions have settled they can make themselves the real winners in this situation and replay the game.

What ever happens I am with SHOC on this one. They are the ones that know the ins and outs.

So Respect the Referees but also the other clubs. Things will always catch up with you. Thats what I believe anyway.

SHOC - get on the phone to the CSL. Demand a replay. Beat Uni White.

Uni White - Need a leader in the likes of Bill Hill and not coaches running the show. Look what happened at Adelaide United.

I personally beleieve the game should be replayed and hopefully the 2 clubs can put their differences behind them. Its up to them. However I support SHOC final decision.
Last edited by rusty34 on Tue May 22, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boots

Post by boots »

Right fair enough. Good points you make but do SHOC have their hands clean if there was a racial incident in the first place?

I reckon that whatever happened last year is unrelated to this season. Although it was well within SHOC's rights to go by the rules and stick to the forfeit. But I do agree with you Chelsea that in the spirit of the game and that this is after all the collegiate league, the game should be replayed.
avagoyamug
Current Club: Sacret Heart

Post by avagoyamug »

The game won't be replayed now, the league has applied the rules so let's get real there.

The scenario here is someone didn't attend at an appropriate time. Clearly the fault here lies at Uni white. Would you Expect to replay that game after commiting and doing the right thing only to have the other party not attend due to their incompetence, and insist on replaying it despite being at no fault of your own?

I can't see any team doing this to be honest, no matter what has happened in the past.
yak

Post by yak »

Jeez chelsea... What does this say about how we handle racism in this league?

To mention that these events are unrelated & should be treated as such should go without saying.

Personally, as a uni white - i think we deserve the forfeit - we made a mistake & sh1t happens, no cloud needs to be put over the div as a result. But to call this Karma for our boys bringing up the incident last year is absolute rubbish!

If incidents aren't brought to the the CSL's attention then nothing gets done. I don't think that should happen, no one wants racisim in football do they?
boots

Post by boots »

yak wrote:Jeez chelsea... What does this say about how we handle racism in this league?

To mention that these events are unrelated & should be treated as such should go without saying.

Personally, as a uni white - i think we deserve the forfeit - we made a mistake & sh1t happens, no cloud needs to be put over the div as a result. But to call this Karma for our boys bringing up the incident last year is absolute rubbish!

If incidents aren't brought to the the CSL's attention then nothing gets done. I don't think that should happen, no one wants racisim in football do they?
Spot on Yak. Well said.