Round 6 Div 1A - Third of the way there!

chelsea

Round 6 Div 1A - Third of the way there!

Post by chelsea »

Round 6 - Third of the way there.

After this round it will be clear who the top 7 teams are. Who will be fighting for the title and who might be fighting to stay in Div 1A in 2013.

Uni White v Regency
After a bad week for the Whites they must bounce back quickly. Will be interesting how they react but my feeling is that they will come out strong. A must win game for them. The only team that hasnt won a game yet. Uni White to win 5-2.

Pembroke v Unley
Big game between the 2 clubs. Very difficult to pick a winner. Im sitting on the fence. 1-1

Rostrevor v Mercedes
2 big rivals with plenty of History. Again very difficult to pick a winner but I think home ground advantage just might do it. Rostrevor to win 2-1

UniSa v Pulteney
Pulteney sitting bottom of the table. I actually think that they are better then this. Lack fire power up front. There is only so much the defence can do. Pulteney to Win 2-1

The final game. Biggest game of the week. Sacred Heart v Grads Red.
Sacred Heart have had a 2 week rest and have only played 3 games compared to Grads Red which has played 5. Hard to say who it might favour. Grads Red definately look like title contenders. Sacred Heart are the defending champions and have the experience. Again difficult to pick the winner but my tip will be Grads Red. 3-2 in a thriller.

If all the results go as above the bottom 3 teams will be Pulteney / Regency / UniSA. These teams will be bascially out of the running for Div 1A Championship and will be fighting to stay in Div 1A.

There will be 7 left in the title race but over the next few weeks depending on results this will be narrowed down to 5 teams.

Good luck to everyone on the weekend and every club should log in and give a quick match report on how the game went.
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Re: Round 6 Div 1A - Third of the way there!

Post by boots »

You should start a Tipping comp Chelsea!
cruie

Post by cruie »

Good write up, Chelski ;)

Good to see the Reds doing well after deserved promotion last year ... Big game for them and SH (who only have 1 game in hand, not two ... I think ... without starting any more controvesy ;))

It will have been a good first 1/3 in 1A ... and whatever happens on Saturday, it's still a long way to go with a handful of clubs who'll still believe they can be D1 champions. :)
Italia

Post by Italia »

good write up!
we need to get all clubs a bit more involved with this forum and get the banter happening!
early stages in the seasosn but great to see a very even competition and teams taking points off eachother unlike other seasons
mdoolsy

Post by mdoolsy »

Some of the football I've seen this year already has been real quality, and yet there's no easy-beat teams. Having said that we're at the foot of the table so far, so maybe I'm biased.
boots wrote:You should start a Tipping comp Chelsea!
Great idea, my tips this week:

Uni White v Regency - haven't seen either, can't say
Pembroke v Unley - Pembroke comfortably
Rostrevor v Mercedes - haven't seen Mercedes but I'll go Rossies
UniSa v Pulteney - Hopefully Pulteney, don't know much about Uni SA yet.
Sacred Heart v Grads Red - Grads, the best team I've seen this year by far.
mdoolsy

Post by mdoolsy »

Wow my tips were rubbish..
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Only got the 1 tip out of 5 games. Many close games that didnt go my way. 4 games had 5 goals in the match. Good value for spectators. Biggest surprise was Unley beating Pembroke 5-0. Crunch time next week for some clubs. I will do a write for the next round tonight.

ROCSC v Mercedes

0-1 - Mercedes Goal - Header from Corner - Kav from the backline - 35min
1-1 - ROCSC Goal - Great build up play and finish - Perfect timing - Hrovatin - 43min
Halftime - 1-1
1-2 - Mercedes Goal - Great build up play - Cross - Header by Forster - 60 min
1-3 - Mercedes Goal - Skillful run with a bit of luck beating 4 players with nice finish - Tudor - 75min
2-3 - ROCSC Goal - Penalty - Soft one - De Leonardis - 88min