Round 8, Div 1A

Balotelli
Current Club: Windsor Gardens

Round 8, Div 1A

Post by Balotelli »

Just in case Mr Chelsea is pre-occupied with Euro 2012, though I'd get the ball rolling with some tips:

Mercedes v Grads Red
Game of the week. Mercedes in good form and always tough to beat. Grads Red will be fuming after losing to Sacred Heart in the league and Unley in the Cup. Prediction: 2-2 draw (Mercedes with a late equaliser from you know who).

Regency v Pulteney
Both teams in need of a league win and no-doubt hoping to build upon decent results in the cup. Regency are impossible to predict, but may worry Pulteney if they don't offer enough of a goal scoring threat.
Prediction: 1-1 draw.

Rostrevor v Sacred Heart
Traditional school rivalry. Rostrevor having an up and down season. Need a result to turn things around and maybe need Spagnuolo to be available from the start. Sacred Heart could be too strong, but could go either way. Prediction: 3-2 win to Sacred Heart.

Uni SA v Pembroke
Hard to predict the results for either of these teams so far this season. Will Pembroke's win over Sacred Heart be a turning point for them? Can Uni SA rediscover their early form? Prediction: 3-1 win to Pembroke.

Uni White v Unley
Unley appear to be flying at the moment. Uni White will be desperate to keep climbing the table. Expecting a tough contest. Prediction: 2-1 win to Unley.

Tipping div 1A is harder than the Euros, so I'll probably get 2 out of 5 if I'm lucky. :)
chelsea

Re: Round 8, Div 1A

Post by chelsea »

Good write up balotelli. Euro 2012 is going well so far.

Mercedes v Grads Red
Mercedes were able to rest up last week after not playing in the cup. Grads Red played a game and a half after going to penalties. A must win game for Grads Red who dont want to lose 3 in a row.
Grads Red to win 3-1

Regency v Pulteney
Both teams still in the cup and coming off good wins on the weekend. Both are on the bottom of the table but on their day can beat many teams above. I think the win for Pulteney will get them going.
Pulteney 3-1

Rostrevor v Sacred Heart
Rostrevor have been poor this season so far. After finishing in the top 4 in 2011 they would of been wanting to challenge for a championship. At this stage it is far from it. 2 big games for them. Sacred Heart this week and then Grads Red. Need max points to keep season alive. Sacred Heart are moving along just fine but their only concern in the last 2 weeks would be the amount of goals conceded. 6 goals in 2 games.
I am sticking with Rostrevor for one more week.
Rostrevor 3-2

UniSA v Pembroke
UniSA struggling up front. Lowest goal scoring team in league. Defence is ok. Pembroke need to win to stay in touch with leaders.
Pembroke 4-2

Uni White v Unley
Many dont give Unley credit but they are the best "Team". This meaning that they dont have the best players in the league but they work together the best and all play for each other. They are well organised from the back. They lost their 1st 2 games as their coach left them for work reasons just before the season was to kickoff. New coach has come in from within the club and promoted a few from the B team and the team is doing well. Lucky the other coach had to leave as I dont think they would of been in this position.
Sorry Unley - going against you again. You have to finish your run sooner then later.
Uni White - 2-1

Best possible outcome for league.
Winners - Uni White / Rostrevor / Uni SA / Pulteney
Mercedes/Grad Red to Draw.

This will keep everyone together and make things interesting.
cruie

Post by cruie »

Mercedes v Grads Red
Not the away game you want when you've suddenly gone 0 in 2. As with the two above, I don't think there will be much in it ... But, just so we have a set, I'll go against the two above and stick with the home side. 2-1

Regency v Pulteney
A battle of the bottom two. But I think the Eagles at home is much different than when they are travelling. So a comfortable home win. 2-0.

Rostrevor v Sacred Heart
Despite Chelski's weekly crusade for Rostrevor, I think SHOC will have enough to get a good 3 points. 1-3

Uni SA v Pembroke
Pembroke are decent home or away and I think will have too much for UniSA who have only scored 4 goals all season. 0-2

Uni White v Unley
I can't see the Whites getting anything out of the current best defense in the League (less than a goal a game) and I can't see the second top scorers missing out either (they are averaging over 2.5 a match). 0-3

As ever, luck to all. :)
cruie

Post by cruie »

My tipping is worse in this league than it is on the f**king ponies!!

Grads Red - What a win that is! - I was wrong
Good win for the Eagles, will give them a lot of confidence - I was right (not score though)
Rostrevor did real well to hold SHOC to a draw (and 0 goals, that takes some doing) - I was wrong
Pembroke win - I was right but wrong score
Good away win for Unley - I was right, but again, not right score.

Reds and Unley tied at the top, and a little gap now opened behind them (though SHOC have 1 in hand). Some big results this weekend, be interesting to see the reactions next week
Balotelli
Current Club: Windsor Gardens

Post by Balotelli »

Cruie, you did better than me. 2 out of 5 for me.

Grads Red the big winners from today in div 1A. Unley v Sacred Heart and Grads Red v Rostrevor next week will be very interesting.

What a great title race this is shaping up to be in div 1A. The relegation battle could be tight too.

Would be nice to see the catch-up Regency v Sacred Heart game played before teams start playing each other a second time. Can't believe it hasn't happened yet. You shouldn't be allowed to enter the Federation Cup if you're not prepared to play your catch-up game very soon thereafter - the date should be set by the CSL. Both of them are still in the CSL Cup and could easily go to the final, so they need to play mid-week under lights. Leaving it this long is a joke as it's been 6 weeks already. They're due to play the reverse fixture in just over a month. They'll probably draw each other in the cup now too.