Round 9 - Div1A

cruie

Round 9 - Div1A

Post by cruie »

Grads Red v Rostrevor
(After a creditable draw against SHOC last week, will Chelski stick with his backing of Rostrevor?!)

The Reds continue to impress, in their first season up in D1A and I can't see that changing here. With the bit between their teeth, they are going to take some stopping.

Comfortable home win: 3-1

Pembroke v Uni White
Whites need a big win if they want to stay in touch with the top half of the table. But that's going to be tough against a steady Pembroke outfit, especially considering Pembroke need the three points to stay in touch with the front runners.

Home Win: 2-1

Pulteney v Mercedes
I can't see Pultney's troubles taking a turn for the better in this match, even though they are at home. 4-pts behind the leaders I think the incentive to stay in touch will see Mercs over the line.

Away Win: 0-2

Regency Eagles v Uni SA
The Eagles at home, where they prefer to be, will make this a tough afternoon for UniSA. Having beaten Pultney in last week's bottom of the table clash, Regency will be on a roll and I think will have enough fire-power to climb out of the bottom two and above UniSA. UniSA are struggling for goals - only 5 all season - and I can't see them adding too many to that total here.

Home Win: 3-1

Unley v Sacred Heart
The big game of the round.

After being held to a shut out by Rostrevor last week, SHOC will be desperate for all three points, in particular to keep the two leaders close, with their game in hand still to come.

But SHOC will be no less desperate for the points than an Unley side who had a solid away win the previous week against the Whites, are level on points in the table with leaders the Reds and are four points clear of SHOC (though SHOC have a game in hand).

If I could avoid my coaching duties and go to watch any game, this weekend, it would be this one: should be a cracker.

A massive 6 pointer to finish of the first half of the season

Home Win: 1-0

As ever, luck to all :)
Balotelli
Current Club: Windsor Gardens

Re: Round 9 - Div1A

Post by Balotelli »

Good analysis Cruie, nice work.

Tips from me:

Grads Red v Rostrevor
1-1 draw. Rostrevor to again rise to the occassion and show they are a top team when they are in the mood.

Pembroke v Uni White
Tough to call. Both teams will be desperate for a win to stay in touch. Maybe a 1-1 draw in sloppy conditions in the parklands.

Pulteney v Mercedes
Pulteney have to win again sooner or later, but it won't be this week. Expect a Mercedes backlash in the mud.
3-0 win to Mercedes.

Regency v Uni SA
2-0 win to Regency at home.

Unley v Sacred Heart
Sacred Heart are likely to be missing their main goalscorer through suspension. That could be crucial.
1-0 win to Unley in a hard fought contest.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

The standard of play wont be that great this weekend due to pitch conditions. So i think there might be some upsets. Its going to be who wants it more and who will have a bit of luck on their side. Sometimes I think that the 1A game should be played 1st and not last on the day.

Grads Red v Rostrevor

Grads Red flying at the top but playing conditions will make the gap between the teams a bit smaller.
Rostrevor had a good result against SHOC but have not beaten anyone above them on the ladder. The Rostrevor boys better get in the mood soon otherwise they could be fighting relation. Going with Grads Red. Tipped Rostrevor too many times for no return.

Grads Red 2-1

Pembroke v Uni White

These teams are fighting to stay within the leaders. Pembroke didnt beat them in 2011. Pembroke also not playing that well at home.

Uni White 3-1

Pulteney v Mercedes

Going to be tough game. Poor conditions could make it frustrating for Mercedes. Pulteney on the bottom of the ladder and need to start picking points quickly. Good to see they are still in the cup so hopefully this will give them some confidence.

Draw 1-1

Regency v Unisa

Unisa pushed Pembroke last week and were unlucky not to get something from the game. Regency have had some good results coming into this game. Both teams beat each other last year but at home.

Regency 4-2

Unley v Sacred Heart

Unley have not lost since Rd2. They lost their 1st 2 games to the bottom teams. Pulteney & Unisa. Im sure they will be thinking what if we had gotten something out of those games. Both teams still in the cup.
Sacred Heart failed to score against Rostrevor last week. You would have to go back to June 25th 2011 when SHOC failed to score in a league game against Mercedes. Unley are the balanced team and SHOC will have players missing through suspension and injuries. Im going with Unley.

Unley 3-0
cruie

Post by cruie »

Damn! Tipping is hard in this league ...

Reds v Rostrevor (postponed).
Neither still in the cup, so at least easy - I hope - for them to reschedule. I'll bet both teams would sooner have the points on the board, though.

Pembroke v Whites (I was wrong)
Great point for the away side. Though this result sees the top-4 move clear of the rest (for now, at least).

Pultney v Mercs (I was right)
No suprise, I guess. A good Saturday all round for Mercs (even winning the 1B fixture by the odd goal in 9!)

Eagles v UniSA (I was right)
But that scoreline is a shock. Much more like their performances last year in D2A, where they spanked a few of us. Be good for their confidence when they travel to Pembroke next Saturday.

Unley v Sacred Heart (I was wrong)
Fantastic result for SHOC. I hope it was a good win (rather than some soppy last second penalty, or bad ref decision or wotnot)? Even if it was "good", I bet Unley are still gutted. Round-16 for the return ... some game that will be, if the Top-4 stay as close as they are now ;)
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

1 out of 4 for me.

I tipped Unley for the 1st time in weeks and they lost. Great win by SHOC.

Well done to Unley on moving all their games down to West Beach on Friday. Pulteney also moved their home games to a back pitch.

Just need Grads Red v Rostrevor to be played soon. Hopefully on the cup weekend.

SHOC v Regency 1A - Being played Tuesday 26th June. Burton 730pm.

This game has been long overdue but I would expect a win from SHOC.
3-1 SHOC
Balotelli
Current Club: Windsor Gardens

Post by Balotelli »

Regency are in good form and could spring an upset against Sacred Heart. Sacred Heart are the favourites of course, but they are susceptible to pace and the pitches at Burton are big.
I'm tipping a 3-3 draw (if all of Regency's players turn up).
Hope Sacred Heart don't get another forfeit win.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Great Tip Balotelli!!

Final Score - SHOC 3 - Regency 3
cruie

Post by cruie »

Nah, not away ... 3-3 ... Surely not!? The Eagles don't travel ...

3-3, must have been a good game

SHOC will be a bit gutted though, that was to go clear at the top. Now advantage the Reds, with their game in hand.
Last edited by cruie on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

I bet you $100 that it was, I mean, will be 3-3...
That's it!
cruie

Post by cruie »

wojindows wrote:I bet you $100 that it was, I mean, will be 3-3...
Yes, alright ... I just figured out it is Wednesday!

(where's luke? ... shocking performance on the Results Updating ... it's been over twelve hours since it finished!!

Seriously: One of the best things this season has been getting the results and updated tables before my tea on a Saturday night ... Been a top job so far this year :))