Finals

White Unicorn

Finals

Post by White Unicorn »

Why dont the CSL adopt a finals system? I understand timing may be an issue, but surely you could have the first couple of rounds of the cup before the season starts. It will give a lot more interest to the League by having a top 5 or 4 finals system.
arodgers

Re: Finals

Post by arodgers »

Because this is Football, not AFL.
Wello

Post by Wello »

arodgers wrote:Because this is Football, not AFL.
But it works so well for the A-League :roll:
New Kid on Da Block

Post by New Kid on Da Block »

i say bring it on
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

I think if you have finals, then you need to get rid of the cup. There's no point having two knockout comps. And I like the cup, so don't agree with finals.
That's it!
Graeme Jackson

Post by Graeme Jackson »

You can have as many knock out comps as you like. League Cup., FA Cup, Champions league etc.

I think finals are a great idea but we would need a longer season or less teams in the league.
baggieboy

Post by baggieboy »

Finals are a terrible idea. Best team doesnt all ways win in soccer and the best team deserves to win the league because of consistency
terriblygifted

Post by terriblygifted »

baggieboy wrote:Finals are a terrible idea. Best team doesnt all ways win in soccer and the best team deserves to win the league because of consistency
Ditto that.

The only reason anyone contemplates finals is for revenue (more games, ticketing etc). Seeing as that isn't an issue in our league, there is no need for it.