Round 13 - 1A - Its Up to Unley

chelsea

Round 13 - 1A - Its Up to Unley

Post by chelsea »

Round 13 - Could become a 2 horse race in the last 5 rounds if Unley dont get a win this week.

Grads Red v Unley
1st vs 3rd.
Unley have the upper hand in results this year. Winning twice. 1 in League and 1 in Cup. Grads Red will not want to lose for the 3rd time. Unley have to win to keep their chances alive.
Should be a top game. Cant see Unley getting this one. Grads Red are in form.

Grads Red 3-1

Pulteney v Pembroke
10th v 5th.
Pulteney bound to win a game soon. This could be the week. Pembroke still hoping to climb the ladder and Pulteney really need to win if they have a chance of staying up.

Draw - 1-1

Regency v Sacred Heart
8th v 2nd
Regency have had a bad few weeks. Letting in 13 goals in 2 games. They need to regroup quickly.
Last time the teams met it was 3-3. Regency giving up a 3-0 lead at halftime.
Sacred Heart coming off a big win. After being down 3-0 after 10 minutes against Mercedes they managed to win 5-3. A highlight for the year for them. Need to win to stay in touch with Grads Red. Also will be hoping that Unley can get something out of their game.

SHOC - 4-1

Rostrevor V UniWhite
7th v 6th
Not sure what these guys are playing for. Cant win the championship. Shouldnt get relagated. Maybe getting ready for 2103. After 5-5 draw last time hopefully the defenders have improved.

Rostrevor - 2-1

9th v 4th
UniSA v Mercedes
Mercedes season is over. The boys down there must be shattered after last week. Need to bounce back quick and try to win as many games as possible. Not an easy game this week though.

Mercedes - 3-1

The whole league is going for Unley. Let see whether its 3rd time lucky for Grads Red.
Balotelli
Current Club: Windsor Gardens

Re: Round 13 - 1A - Its Up to Unley

Post by Balotelli »

Grads Red v Unley
Unley's grand final. They obviously know how to beat Grads Red, so we can only hope they take points off them again. Easier said than done. Expecting a rough contest.
2-2 draw

Pulteney v Pembroke
Muddy and wet conditions should suit the Crabs. Pulteney's results show signs of improvement and Pembroke have still been up and down in mid table no-mans land. Most of their games appear to be close affairs. Could go either way.
Pembroke to win 2-1

Regency v Sacred Heart
Regency appear to have imploded since their 3-3 draw with SHOC last time. SHOC will know what to expect this time but Regency's big pitch could make them competitive if all their players turn up and they get another ref that allows kung-fu tackles from all angles to go unpunished. Could be another thrashing for the Eagles if they're not organised.
SHOC to win 4-1

Rostrevor v Uni White
The 5-5 draw last time will surely not be repeated. Uni White in some good form now so maybe they have the edge. Rostrevor at home are not easy to beat though.
2-2 draw

Uni SA v Mercedes
If Mercedes really did squander a 3 goal lead last week then that is amazing and surely a first for them. 2 losses in a row is a rare event for them too. Not a good time to play them then. Uni SA could be on the receiving end.
Mercedes to win 4-0
cruie

Post by cruie »

Grads Red v Unley
Massive game. Realistically Unley must not lose if they want to maintain a challenge for Top-Spot.

I can't see them managing that though - The Reds will be well aware of the significance of this game - But I think it will be close.

Home Win 2-1

Pulteney v Pembroke
Pulteney were, by accounts, unlucky last time out not to nick something from Unley ... Maybe, just maybe they can get something from this one and give themselves a chance of avoiding the drop. More heart than head but I'll go with that!

Home Win 3-2

Regency Eagles v Sacred Heart
Having been smashed last time out (away) the Eagles return to their home ground ... but I'm not so sure it will be a return to winning ways. SHOC need the points to stay in touch with The Reds and I think that desire will see them take the points

Away Win 2-4

Rostrevor v Uni White
A mid table clash which I think may end in stalemate

Draw 1-1

Uni SA v Mercedes
Even at home - and with Mercs probably out of the title-race, I can't see UniSA getting anything out of this.

Home Win 2-0

Luck to all :)
Balotelli

Post by Balotelli »

Unley have added another interesting twist to the title race with a thumping 4-1 win over Grads Red! 3 wins out of 3 versus Grads Red A's in one season is a fair effort. It's a 3 horse race now but I''m sure there are many more twists and turns to come.

5 away wins out of 5 today in divsion 1A...
yak

Post by yak »

Wow, 5 away wins & importantly Unley defeated Grads Red. The top 3 really are closely matched.
It does shape up for an exciting end to the season. I wont be surprised if all 3 teams slip up along the way too - league is very close this year.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Its gonna be close buit Grads Red have the 3 point gap which is priceless but also a healthy GD advantage which is worth a point at the moment..... Grads Red have been tight at the back (less than a goal a game conceeded even after the Unley game) whilst both Unley and SHOC have been just behind on their goal scoring exploits.
The deciders will be the games between the top 3 with SHOC needing to take all 3 off Grads Red and then hoping for Grads to drop some more points....
Round 16 looks like the decider when Reds and SHOC face off on the leagues smallest pitch but I can't see too many more points lost after that??
One more curve ball is trhe fact that 2nd and 3rd are still in the cup..... injuries, suspensions and loss of focus could come into play?
Its Grads Red's to lose but the pressure is now well and truley on and it will be a nervous last 6 games for them looking over their shoulder!!
Gonna be a ripper!!
chump
Current Club: Unley

Post by chump »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:Its gonna be close buit Grads Red have the 3 point gap
The CSL website hasn't been updated yet, Grads and SHOC are now level on points with Unley 3 points behind.
Balotelli

Post by Balotelli »

[
Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:Round 16 looks like the decider when Reds and SHOC face off on the leagues smallest pitch but I can't see too many more points lost after that??
Grads Red play SHOC in week 17 but then play Mercedes on the last day. There are no guaranteed points there, albeit they should win all their games in the meantime. And Grads Red play on the Uni South pitch or Park 10 now, not the small North pitch.

Could well go down to the last day, I think.
cruie

Post by cruie »

Great win for Unley (and for Uni White)

Got a proper race for the top-spot now :)