2013 OVER 35 s divsion

crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

2013 OVER 35 s divsion

Post by crusader »

We at our club have a number of players that are over 35 and are thinking of joining the masters over 35s but we are keen to keep playing on a sat . How about the CSL having an over 35s comp maybe div4 or even 5 and have a rule that lets a limited number of under age players ,maybe under 18s . THOUGHTS COMMENTS AND ANY INTEREST :idea:
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Re: 2013 OVER 35 s divsion

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Tough one....Theres already the Sunday Masters O35...
Might be some interest as there seems to be a few more older players in the league this year than in other times.
Expressions on interest from the clubs may be a way forward to see if there is any life in such a suggestion..
Brendan
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by Brendan »

Yes, if there are any clubs interested, can they say so here?

Cheers,

Brendan
Mt B
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

I am aware that there is a sunday over 35s lkeague but its all the way to west beach every sunday morning. Personally i like to play on a saturday so that i have a day of rest before i have to go back to work. Some of the sunday players /teams may be keen to change to saturday also
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

I have mentioned this to the league in the last 2 years. We looked at putting a team in the Sunday over 35s but most want to play Saturday. That was 2/3 years ago. I think we could make a over 33s in 2013 and slowly work this to over 35s in 2015. 2014 would be over 34s. All we need as a start is 6 teams.
Play each other 3 times. Thats 15 games a year. The older boys would be happy with that.
Rostrevor / Mercedes / SHOC / Uni White / Windsor / Mt Barker could easily kick it off.
Some other clubs are much younger. Unley might be around the mark but Pembroke is very young.

Rostrevor would be in and I am sure many past players that have left to go play Sundays might come back.

Like I said. All we need is 6 teams in 2013 and it will grow from there. Over 33s and build from there to over 35s in 2015.

So lets form the break away league in 2103.

Rostrevor
Mt Barker
Mercedes?
Uni White?
Grads Red?
Windsor?

Thats 6 there
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Great idea that will keep the older peers at some of these clubs going for a bit longer!
I reckon Westminster and possibly Grads Red may have nearly enough for a team as well??
Also agree that 6 teams would be enough to get the league going and that having a Saturday option would be a great new product for the CSL, attracting many new , experienced players to what is quickly becoming an established league.
As clubs, how do we get some input from the league on this???
I off out to buy some deep heat and support bandages as we speak :)
pescara

Post by pescara »

The over 35 competition within the CSL will be considered for season 2013 and expressions of interest from clubs will be sought in the off-season so that recruitment can be made by interested clubs with ample time before the 2013 plenary where the matter can be finalised.

It would likely be a Division 5 rather than being called Over 35's Division.

Ideally 8 to 10 teams yet 6 could be workable.

New or existing clubs with pre-requisite Collegiate entry requirements will be encouraged.

Yet would need to market it as being purely an alternative, i.e. for players seeking to play on Saturday's as opposed to the well established Masters League which plays on Sunday mornings.

Watch this space.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Will the FFSA be able to provide refs for another 3-5 matches per week?
That's it!
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

pescara wrote:The over 35 competition within the CSL will be considered for season 2013 and expressions of interest from clubs will be sought in the off-season so that recruitment can be made by interested clubs with ample time before the 2013 plenary where the matter can be finalised.

It would likely be a Division 5 rather than being called Over 35's Division.

Ideally 8 to 10 teams yet 6 could be workable.

New or existing clubs with pre-requisite Collegiate entry requirements will be encouraged.

Yet would need to market it as being purely an alternative, i.e. for players seeking to play on Saturday's as opposed to the well established Masters League which plays on Sunday mornings.

Watch this space.
This would be ideal, whilst ROCSC do have a few players over 35; we definitely couldn't field an entire over 35 team week in week out.

A good point re the Pembroke and Unley squads being considerably younger. Would prob need a minimum requirement for over 30 y.o. players (e.g. a minimum of 4 per listed squad) to remove any possible advantage.
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

At Mercedes our oldest player is 36!

The older guys who don't want to take it too seriously have already chosen to play in our division 4 team and are happy there. This also provides a great mix between the youngest talent getting to play alongside old experienced heads, something I really valued in my first season at the club.

To be honest amongst our older group it is probably a 50/50 split between those who play division 4 and those who are playing successfully at 1a and 1b level. We also don't currently have the facilities at Waite Oval to host more than 4 games per week. Our "third" pitch is not regulation size and already each season we have to re-schedule a few games due to our pitch being unplayable thanks to the weather. Even an 11am kick off at home would be cutting it too fine with clashing with Mercedes morning school fixtures.

At the moment we have 80 registered players and this has been a really good number to spread across 4 teams for the duration of this season, taking into account injuries, holidays, other commitments.

Is there a reason why your older guys aren't happy to have a similar set up where they play in your club's lowest division? Is it due to competing against younger, fitter teams such as Pembroke?