[split from 2012 CSL CLUB Rankings] League Winners Cup/Medals?

avagoyamug
Current Club: Sacret Heart

[split from 2012 CSL CLUB Rankings] League Winners Cup/Medals?

Post by avagoyamug »

White Unicorn wrote:Well down Cruie some interesting points. Maybe next year we could have a club championship award, lose points etc for yellow and red cards?
Also, on another topic, do the champions of the league get medals or a cup? Pretty average in my opinion, a bit of reward for the players that put in the effort and win wouldnt go astray.
Yeah I want to know this as well, as it's unclear to me if the CSL offer anything? I'm use to the SAASL way of things so this part of 'reward' is unclear?
cruie

Re: [split from 2012 CSL CLUB Rankings] League Winners Cup/M

Post by cruie »

It would be good to see medals for the winning "team" ... I guess the only question is how many are given? (I don't know how many players SHOC fielded in their D1A Team, over the season? I think we used in the low twenties over the course of our season in D2A (subs included).

Trophy: Easier and cheaper ... but do all clubs have somewhere to keep it (for twelve months)? We do ... but then we didn't quite win it ;) OR, just buy a cheaper (but still reasonable sized) trophy every year and let the winner's keep it?

Would be good to see something.
White Unicorn

Post by White Unicorn »

Hmmm yes would be good! Seeing the song and dance after the Cup, need to ask the question was in the pinnacle in this league? Winning the Cup with a "cup" and medals and write up in the FFSA newsletter vs winning the Div 1A, Div 1B, Div 2A, 2B etc etc league and get..........donuts. I'm sure, as with all leagues in this state over the codes - clubs pay calls to cover payment of shield, trophy etc for winning clubs. Seems odd that the league doesnt.

PS - this discussion is just a opinion in this forum on making the league better (small things) - the league is run by volunteers who do a fantastic job in theirown time ;)
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

I have a very vague memory of this issue being discussed at a CSL meeting earlier in the year and the outcome was that the league would cover the cost of winners medals. I also can't remember whether that was for Division 1A only or all 6 divisions.
yak

Post by yak »

Medals are in the mail ;)
avagoyamug

Post by avagoyamug »

so ultimately the club has to provide it's own medals/trophies?
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Each team which wins its division receives 15 medals for free (plus it can order and pay for additional ones). The medals and a trophy are presented at the CSL presentation night. That is on Fri 26 October at the Adelaide Pavilion. I think/hope the presentation night will be closer to the last week of the season in future years.

The cup is a bit different because the medals are presented on the day but they don't have the club's name engraved on them.
avagoyamug

Post by avagoyamug »

Ross30 wrote:Each team which wins its division receives 15 medals for free (plus it can order and pay for additional ones). The medals and a trophy are presented at the CSL presentation night. That is on Fri 26 October at the Adelaide Pavilion. I think/hope the presentation night will be closer to the last week of the season in future years.

The cup is a bit different because the medals are presented on the day but they don't have the club's name engraved on them.
Ross, thanks for the info, that is great to know.