2013 Predictions

divineponytail

2013 Predictions

Post by divineponytail »

Hi all,

Thought we could start this year off with a few 'Prediction's.

Who do we think will take out the 1A / 2A divisions this year and why ?

Can Sacred Heart and WGOS hold onto thier titles ?
cadenza

Re: 2013 Predictions

Post by cadenza »

Don't discount the rejuvenated Prince Alfred..
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

You may or may not know, but this was discussed at the CSL season launch.

I think most club delegates had SHOCSC, MERCS and Grads Red nominated for Div 1.
I think anyone of those clubs has the ability to win it.
Dark horse ....prob Unley

Relagation from Div 1 I'd say Regency and Uni SA are my tips, but I'd think Westminster and us (ROCSC) to be around that mark also.

Div 2 I think WGOS will win it comfortably again.
avagoyamug
Current Club: Sacret Heart

Post by avagoyamug »

I think Grads Red will probably take out Div1.

Windsor to take Div2 out for as long as they have one team - I do genuinely feel for those other teams in that div who get a belting every week.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Well done avagoyamug, there is nothing like a cheap shot at Windsor. Also get your facts right because Windsor didn't belt everyone every week. The div 2 three biggest margins were by other clubs(Immanuel, Mt Barker, Westminster).....maybe you should have a go at them for winning. Also Windsor drew 2 games and won 10 games by 1 or 2 goals, therefore only 6 wins were by more than two goals. They also should have lost a few if the opposition put away there chances and didn't give away some soft goals.
Anyway I think div 2 will be closer than everyone thinks. Word around is that a few teams have recruited and are going to push for promotion. Windsor still has the same old hacks who are getting bigger, older and slower every year.
avagoyamug
Current Club: Sacret Heart

Post by avagoyamug »

nobody wrote:Well done avagoyamug, there is nothing like a cheap shot at Windsor. Also get your facts right because Windsor didn't belt everyone every week. The div 2 three biggest margins were by other clubs(Immanuel, Mt Barker, Westminster).....maybe you should have a go at them for winning. Also Windsor drew 2 games and won 10 games by 1 or 2 goals, therefore only 6 wins were by more than two goals. They also should have lost a few if the opposition put away there chances and didn't give away some soft goals.
Anyway I think div 2 will be closer than everyone thinks. Word around is that a few teams have recruited and are going to push for promotion. Windsor still has the same old hacks who are getting bigger, older and slower every year.

Touchy.

I actually didn't discredit Windsor at all, and do not begrudge them anything, merely stated the fact which is with their one players pool only accomodationing one team, that means they cannot go higher without a B's team - and as it stands we have a strange situation for promotion from div2 to div1 because of that fact.

Last season was closer, yes, but the seasons before that which involved Windsor was a cricket score every week.

I agree with your sentiments that Windsor may be getting slower, older etc. It's just a shame that it puts a bit of a slight on the league with this unique situation I'm not blaming anyone, but there should be something come to ahead and addressing it once and for all. All the best to em.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Not touchy...it just sounded like you were having a go at Windsor for something beyond their control.
No hard feelings.
Yes it was a joke for a couple of years when the league expanded and Windsor, with one team, was left behind after Norwood and Uni Black went into higher divisions.
Anyway looking forward to another enjoyable and competitive season....good luck to everyone and let all have some fun.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Bigger, older and slower every year ?I think a footballing brain is worth more than a fit young player. But you are right in saying Div 2A is going to be closer than everyone thinks. Windsor didn't run away with the title like previous years in the 3rd's but its going to be an interesting season nonetheless.
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

I'd like to see more of 2a this year but unfortunately don't get the chance with no Mercedes teams competing in there. Having said that we had some great opposition in the cup round at the weekend.

North City A's: I managed to see the whole game - they had some excellent individual players and moved the ball around well. Put away two very well taken goals and they were quite comfortably leading our 1b side 2-0 at half time. Not sure what happened after the break but they let us back in the game and we eventually prevailed 3-2 in extra time despite being down to 10 men due to an injury after all our subs had been made. They seemed to run out of steam - limited pre-season maybe?

Norwood A's: Heard they drew with Scared Heart A in a trial game - they defeated our C's 2-1. From what I heard quite a decent side with two good forwards but our lads thought they had enough chances to get something out of the game.

Windsor: Defeated our D team 4-0. Apparently they allowed us a few chances in that one too but obviously their vast experience and quality prevailed. ALL of Mercedes' teams relish the chance to play Windsor in the league or cup, despite the fact I don't think we have ever beaten them (not in recent years anyway)! Personally, a few years ago when we played them in the cup final and the semi the following season I appreciated the opportunity to challenge myself against a bunch of blokes who had played at a much higher level than I ever will.
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

Mt Barker have had a grerat pre season with new players coming in and a top coach. They drew 2 all with rostrevor a few weeks ago so watch this space