Div 4 match abandoned

Gygaz
Current Club: Pultney

Div 4 match abandoned

Post by Gygaz »

Anyone know why the Pembroke v UniSA game was called off?
INTERISTA

Re: Div 4 match abandoned

Post by INTERISTA »

My understanding is that the Pembroke keeper got punched around the 80min mark.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Is this the same team that went skitzo last year against Sacred Heart ? Why are they still in the comp ?
yak

Post by yak »

Got punched in a Div 4 match? Seriously??? far out people.... No sheep stations up for grabs here.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

I'm from Pembroke but was not involved in the game in question. There was however quite a bit of video footage of the incidents which led to the referee abandoning the game. I cannot say too much because presumably the matter is going to be dealt with by the FFSA disciplinary committee (CSL discplinary matters are being referred directly to FFSA as of this season). Pembroke have submitted a report and we assume that the referee has or will do so too.

My understanding is that the Uni SA team involved is comprised of a new group of players who did not play in the CSL last season.
Gygaz

Post by Gygaz »

Hmm, abandoned at 80 minutes.... I think that the final score counts as a result by that point doesn't it?
Gygaz

Post by Gygaz »

In fact I'm certain that if a match gets to 70 minutes the result stands. So shouldn't the table be updated o show it as a 3-2 win to UniSA?
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Don't see how the result can stand when the team that caused the match to be abandoned would get the points.
That's it!
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

From the CSL rules:

15) ABANDONED MATCHES

a) If any fixture is abandoned or terminated before the completion of the time specified in the Laws of the Game for any reason whatsoever, the Clubs whose teams took part in the fixture shall within 48 hours submit a report to the CSL Executive Committee.

b) The CSL Executive Committee shall have discretionary power to allow the result of an abandoned match to stand as long as at least 75% of the match has been completed.

c) If a match is abandoned, all match officials are entitled to receive 100% of their normal match fee.

16) DISTURBANCES

a) If any match is abandoned or terminated before the completion of the time specified in the Laws of the Game because of a disturbance involving players, officials or spectators, the case shall be referred to the CSL Executive Committee or such committee or person as it may appoint for determination.
rusty34
Forum Moderator
Current Club: Mt Barker

Post by rusty34 »

Thats right.... otherwise you could end up with any team thats hanging on to a narrow lead 'punching' someone out to get the match abandeoned!!
Unlikely but the point is Uni SA IF found guilty have no right to the points regardless of whether they were a 100 - 0 up at the time.
Personally more interested in what the CSL will do to stamp (not literally!) this behaviour out.
There is a news piece this morning form the US where a ref died yesterday after being punched once by a player on the pitch afyter getting a yellow card. Not sure some of these numpties relaise the consequences of their actions not just to the game but to the individuals on the receiving end. Sounds a bit like over the top but like I say, the ref was killed by a single punch to the head........