PAOC

MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

PAOC

Post by MickyP21 »

Once again, our games against PAOC was farcical. They rocked up without pegs for the friggen nets so they had to tie it down with sticks that they found around the ground. 10 minutes of the Second half in the B's got held up because the sticks came out and the nets were blowing in the wind. This is on top of the cup game we played against them three weeks ago when they rocked up without nets or pegs or corner flags and it wasnt until about a minute to go that they had everything in place...

Then in the A's one of their players king hit our defender over absolutely nothing behind the play. Whilst running the line I overheard someone senior at the club say "well its not all bad, at least you didnt put him in hospital...." If one of my players did that I can guarantee the red card punishment would not be the end of it.

The exact same thing happened last year when there was a onfield altercation between the A's players then a couple of spectators from them ran onto the field nearly causing a riot... they treated that as a joke and were pretty much high fiveing the guys.... im kicking myself for not filing a report...

The club is filled with international possibly uni students and they're obviously a club thats trying to give these guys somewhere to play, but its plainfully obvious that there's not alot of senior people at the club and there doesnt apear to be a strong hierachy that actually runs the club...

Clubs like these need to be scruitinized heavily and im posting this to warn other Div 2 clubs about their behaviour and lack of professionalism.
John Pits
Current Club: Olympiakos

Re: PAOC are a joke

Post by John Pits »

File a complaint and make sure it's read out at the CSL meeting.

The board will have to do something about it. Especially if there's violence going on. Other clubs have received official warnings for bad behaviour, so I'm sure they'll have a word to them at least and keep an eye on future behaviour.
jarrydfurnell
Current Club: Immanual Doves

Re: PAOC

Post by jarrydfurnell »

Post deleted by moderator
Last edited by wojindows on Tue May 07, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Post contained inflammatory content
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

MickyP21 wrote:Then in the A's one of their players king hit our defender over absolutely nothing behind the play. Whilst running the line I overheard someone senior at the club say "well its not all bad, at least you didnt put him in hospital...." If one of my players did that I can guarantee the red card punishment would not be the end of it.
Was he sent off? If he was and the referee files a report then further sanctions could apply from the disciplinary committee. I was speaking with a referee over the weekend and he was explaining the disciplinary committee is independent of FFSA and the process is really well set up to deal with such issues. Speaking of which, has there been a resolution to the UniSA v Pembroke abandoned match?
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

No resolution regarding the abandoned Pembroke v Uni SA div 4 match as yet. Reports have been submitted and we are waiting to hear further from FFSA. If we are directed to replay the game then the 2nd round of the cup next Saturday would be the logical date to do it, so hopefully we have an outcome soon.
cadenza

Post by cadenza »

I can't speak for the whole club, but as a member/player of one of the PAOC teams we have been having some stern discussions regarding making sure that the facilities, net/pegs etc.. are pre-arranged better and ready in plenty of time for when the matches start.

It has been a transition phase for us these last few years, with senior coaches/etc.. departing/retiring but we now have a (admittedly quite young) committee in place.

On and off the pitch behaviour is also especially something we are aiming to improve and I will bring up the discussion mentioned here with the committee this weekend.

Hopefully from now on, other clubs will notice an improvement. Personally, I feel that our div 2b and 5 sides at least have been professional in our approach so far.
Pedro
Current Club: PAOC

Post by Pedro »

Guys..

Firstly, the hit wasn't a king hit. The tussle began with one player calling the other a "faggot", with the other asking him what he called him. With the reply being "you heard me," the PAOC player hit the other in the neck at the base of the jaw, with the player going down to grab his face. While I do not condone this ridiculous behaviour, the other player was not knocked unconscious and he did play his part in instigating the situation and he was left unhurt. Furthermore, a "king hit" usually ends up with the victim in hospital or with a heavy concussion and this particular player continued the game.

Secondly, the names of players shouldn't thrown around so loosely on this forum and accused of false acts with no evidence, that is defamation on a public forum and just as immature and disrespectful as the acts you refer to.

Thirdly, I am Pedro and I was not involved in this tussle that you accused me of. Furthermore, I did not mention anything about breaking your legs. What I did say was for you to "stay on the ground" after I had slid tackled the ball away from your feet. Hardly anything menacing, just football banter. Which I'm sure we've all given and been at the mercy of in the past.

Fourthly, yes I do concede that I yelled to "kill the player" that had the ball at the sideline. This was stated with a great amount of sarcasm and once again just plain old banter. I do not actually expect one of my fellow players to kill the opposition, it simply motivates the aggression and intensity of the game from the sidelines. And finally @jarrydfurnell, I'm surprised you forgot to mention the constant contact you gave and swiping at me to push me away whilst I was man marking you.

I don't condone violence or specific personal attacks, however, if you can't handle the heat of the game and its elements, you should definitely consider netball or ballet as a past time.
Pedro
Current Club: PAOC

Post by Pedro »

In addition @MickyP21 your racist references aren't acceptable on a public forum. Your assessment of why we have many international students at our club is completely irrelevant to the professionalism of the club. The multitude of nationalities that play at the club aren't international students at university. That's actually just how Australia is.

If that statement refers to the nationality of the player that hit your player, that has nothing to do with the act and also, he wasn't an international student.

Bringing up a person's race in regards to an unprofessional act is unprofessional in itself and frankly mate, this was an extremely unfortunate situation but you can't go being an insolent simple minded primitive.

There was a catalyst for the act to occur and maybe that should be internally investigated within your club as to why a player of the opposition would be so inclined to act irrationally.
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Post by MickyP21 »

Pedro - it was not the neck it was the face, i saw him later that night and his face had swelled up quite substantially... and it was a king hit NOTHING justifies an assault YES an assault... I punished the player for what he said which was definately wrong (and yes he admitted what he said, and i reprimanded him straight after the game) but any comment does not justify him being assaulted. The fact that your trying to downplay it just goes to show you the type of people like you that are around the club, I feel sorry for PAOC because the majority of people and players are fine and nice respectable guys with no issues. But you're showing exactly what type of people are around at PAOC.

I have absolutely no problems with the makeup of PAOC and saying your club is predominately international is FACT not racist I never said nor indicated that your player hit my player because he was international, now you're just being mischievous and trying desperately to divert the fact that you're club is obviously out of control.. I simply raised the makeup of the club to raise the point of the lack of management/leadership at the club.

@cadenza I hope your reading what your fellow player is writing and just his general disgusting attitude, because the whole league is watching now, its only strengthening my original post.
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Hi all

Please think about what you write on this public forum. I've removed one post, as it did name a player. I don't see that anything else needs to be removed, but keep it civil or I'll have to lock the topic.

Cheers,

Your Site Administrator

PS. I don't find moderating these threads fun, so if anyone is interested in doing it - PM me.
That's it!