North City Supporters

crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Re: North City Supporters

Post by crusader »

when we played there they were very loud abusive and racist comments galore. I was trying to film their behaviour but was strongly warned against doing it by a guy three times the size of me. They kept kicking a couple of balls onto the pitch. Their coach seemed proud to have such a big support but had no control what so ever. The ref asked them to move during the Bs game as they were just behind out goal. Have to say that I thought it was against the CSL rules to have so much alcohol consumed at the side of the pitch.
pescara

Post by pescara »

The matter has been discussed directly with club officials and the spectator code of conduct was conveyed to the as well as what is appropriate behaviour for which they will ensure that their spectators will adhere to at all times.
jarrydfurnell
Current Club: Immanual Doves

Post by jarrydfurnell »

people just need to have tougher skin its not that bad and its not like you are playing for sheep stations, if they get personal or go over the line with threats etc well then yeah maybe have some more reason to say but ive played against them (and it was a top of the table clash as both teams hadnt lost) and it was just support, they cleaned up after themselves and they didnt get serious we scored and walked over to them and they were still good its just banter
LP04
Current Club: Prince Alfred Old Collegiates

Post by LP04 »

pescara wrote:The matter has been discussed directly with club officials and the spectator code of conduct was conveyed to the as well as what is appropriate behaviour for which they will ensure that their spectators will adhere to at all times.
Really? It was back on this Saturday with 90 minutes of constant abuse directed at any player with the ball, regular chants of "You are a wanker" at our keeper (only after we conceded goals of course, they were dead silent when he saved a penalty) and a few racist comments directed at one of players at the end.
DMW

Post by DMW »

Sounds like it adds some character and excitement to the matches....
middleman
Current Club: Mt Barker United

Post by middleman »

DMW wrote:Sounds like it adds some character and excitement to the matches....
Not to sure how you think racist comments add character and excitement to matches??

If your comment is some kind of a joke It's not funny! You may need some education on what racist means(type into google) it may not be as exciting to some as you may think.

Racism should not be taken lightly and if it occurs at games a report needs to be made.
DMW

Post by DMW »

Racist comments should never be tolerated.

Whatever happened in your match needs to be reported to the League to be investigated.
mdoolsy

Post by mdoolsy »

It can be a fine line between a healthy atmosphere and a nasty one. If any club's supporters are reported to have crossed that line then an investigation should be made and the whole league should be made aware of the findings.
bobby
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by bobby »

This might be a little off topic but I think it is along the lines of what this thread (and a lot of them) seem to be about.

I think it would be a good idea for clubs to get together more. At the end of the day, this is not the premier league, it is meant to be social. I work like a dog all week and then play collegiate soccer on the weekend to get some exercise and unwind a bit. I have played at a decent level (as have many CSL players) and to be honest, it's great to play in a league where the standard is good but you can still get on with the rest of your life and it's not the end of the world if you lose.

Unfortunately, there is quite a lot of angst among supporters - and sometimes on the pitch. The abuse levelled at referees is also not great (I will hold my hand on that one). My point is that it's not necessary at this level. I think we can all make an effort to improve the tone of our support, the way we treat refs and the banter with other teams.

I play for Pembroke and after our last match against Mercedes in the Cup (where they schooled us 4-0) we invited the Mercedes lads back to our rooms for a beer. I think that was in response to an incident in our previous fixture but it was a great idea - and It went really well. Our teams are rivals and there is no love lost but I made a couple of new friends over a beer and am now really looking forward to our league fixture tomorrow.

Maybe the league can have a think about the way clubs can work together on matchday. Is there a CSL social commitee? We could organise events as a league, not just as individual clubs - it might help to alleviate some of the unwanted behaviour that we see creeping into the league.

Anyway - just some thoughts - good luck tomorow everyone - bring your wellies!
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

Well said bobby! At the end of the day- we all have jobs and reality to return to.