Postponed Games

chelsea

Postponed Games

Post by chelsea »

There were a few games postponed on the weekend.
Was this due to pitch conditions or due to the fact that referees were not appointed to the games?
Very difficult for teams from Div 3 / 4 / 5 to play catch up games as there is no spare weekends throughout the rest of the year.
StevenMann
Current Club: Pembroke

Re: Postponed Games

Post by StevenMann »

Only the Rostrevor 3rd division team are still in the Cup... and they played their match on the weekend.

That leaves the cup rounds for all the 3rd, 4th & 5th division matches to be scheduled - July 6th, July 27th and August 10th.

I can't speak for many games, but the ones that I know about that were called off were postponed due to pitch conditions. I know of several matches that didn't have referees appointed that went ahead, it's far from an ideal situation, I refereed half a match myself and it puts undue pressure on both the players & replacement referees. There's a different thread going that talks directly about the refereeing situation, so probably keep this one just about postponed games & rescheduling the fixtures.
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

StevenMann wrote:That leaves the cup rounds for all the 3rd, 4th & 5th division matches to be scheduled - July 6th, July 27th and August 10th.
Div 3, 4 & 5 have regular season fixtures scheduled on these dates. With 8 teams in each division they all play each other 3 times (21 games compared with 18).

Div 3 Rostrevor v Mercedes has already been postponed due to Rostrevor progressing in the cup and will most likely be played as a midweek night fixture.
fingers
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars

Post by fingers »

Unley v Mt Barker postponed due to pitch conditions...we plan to play the catch ups mid week at SAWSA. This is available to all CSL clubs so catch up games shouldn't be too hard to arrange. Just have a game instead of a training session...
StevenMann

Post by StevenMann »

Ah yep buzzy, my mistake - Divs 1A/1B/2A/2B don't have games on those rounds, I forgot that Divs 3-5 are all 3 matches x 7 opponents each.
ChrisRogers
Current Club: Scotch

Post by ChrisRogers »

fingers wrote:Unley v Mt Barker postponed due to pitch conditions...we plan to play the catch ups mid week at SAWSA. This is available to all CSL clubs so catch up games shouldn't be too hard to arrange. Just have a game instead of a training session...
Interesting. We've been told that SAWSA isn't available on any nights other than Monday account other training commitments. Which night are you playing your catchup games on?
fingers
Current Club: Unley Old Scholars

Post by fingers »

Most likely Wednesday...where there is a will there is a way. Will update here if we hit any hurdles.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Rostrevor v Mt Barker Div 3.

Played Wed night.

4-5 - Mount Barker winners.

A reminder to all clubs that it is the aways team responsiblity to make sure that they wear shirts that dont clash with the home team.

We have played a few home games this year and have had to wear our clash stripe.

We wont be playing with our clash stripes again at home unless prior arrangements are made.

10 mins before kickoff we all have to get changed when we have done everything right as a club.

Rostrevor - Red and Black stripe tops / Black Shorts / Black socks.
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

What is Uni SA at Magill like under lights? I rang the Uni earlier in the year and they told me the lighting was not competition standard but had been recently upgraded.
Ross30

Post by Ross30 »

Uni SA are trying to arrange night games at Magill, but I do not know whether they've actually checked if the lights are up to competition standard.

I think the fixtures were amended by Dino to have Uni SA's A and B games vs SHOC under lights at Magill in the 2nd half of the season.