Ref NO SHOW

crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Ref NO SHOW

Post by crusader »

I simply cannot understand why the ref did not show up for such an important game ,a 1/4 final in the cup . There was one allocated and we also requested 2 linesmen that didnt show either .
simmo

Re: Ref NO SHOW

Post by simmo »

Wow that's embarrassing. This proves the ffsa is a joke and we are at their mercy. Players are told to respect the referees and then this happens. It is a bit fishy that a referee and two linesmen didn't show up. Someone must of made a decision not to attend and contacted the other two. Yet I assume they didn't notify either of the teams. I'm sure the ffsa makes good money out of the csl yet they treat us as their puppies. Why don't we stand up to them and demand the respect we deserve.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Well it is disappointing, but have to say that the Ref for the Mercedes ROCSC Cup game was excellent... kept up with play, encouraged the advantage and called the obvious.. good job
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

More than embarrassing I'm guessing..... The guys from Mount Barker arrived at Greenacres and then....waited for a while until the ref and 2 linesmaen didnt show!!
If I had made that 75km+ return journey I would be frothing at the mouth (more than normal).
Thats another rearranged game for the 2A guys and another weekend without a game....
On top of that, because zero notice was given, the guys couldn't play for any of the other teams even though every one else not in the cup seemed to have loaded teams this weekend!!!
Did anyone else suffer / notice that a couple of refs were given split shifts many km's apart leading to a nuber of 3pm kick offs being 15+ mins late? The ref for our Div 5 game actually honed both teams to tell them he would be late and the reason why which is brilliant on his behalf and a real example for the three stooges that didn't turn up at Windsor.
Not a problem in theory other than they had one go from a 1pm Unley game to Rostrevor and another from a 1pm game at Magil to Pembroke..... Now call me semo organised but isnt Magill and Rostrevor within a koalas fart of each other as is Pembroke and Unley? Like I say, a ref turned up to each so not a problem but the organisation, communication and in thew case of the 3 no show officials, respect / manners just doesnt add up.
There were less games than normal this weekend, still a shamozzle and although I accept stuff happens, 3 officials not turning up and each of them not owning a phone or having any credit to call....... thats not just bad luck surley!!
Not a dig at the CSL... squarley aimed at the FFSA as this behaviour is not acceptable from any compnenet of the game and the whole respect thing is mutual....
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy - Only a referee was allocated to this game. A request was made for linesmen but none were allocated. So only one person didnt arrive for whatever reason. I am sure Windsor and Mt Barker might know as they would of been in contact with the league. If there is no reason yet then the CSL will follow up with FFSA.
You complain about loading teams and then a second later you are saying that if you knew the 2A was goining to go ahead you would have loaded your teams.
Not sure what you talking about in regards to Refs. Only one was meant to travel between grounds unless there were some late changes which resulted in a shuffle.
Now the ref that was meant to be at the Cup game is a very good ref and a gentleman. His not the type that would stuff anyone around so therefore there must be a good reason he didnt come or something was lost in communication.
The clubs also could have played the game out with club refs. Not the best option but an option.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

How hard is it for president's of each club to have the contact details of the referee to confirm Saturday morning if they are still attending the match ?? This is such a simple task which ultimately would resolve a lot of the issues the league faces.

Alternatively, how f**ken hard is it for refs to contact the teams to say something has come up and they can't make it ???
pescara

Post by pescara »

The issue with the referee not showing on Saturday was unfortunate. I received a SMS Saturday afternoon stating that the appointed referee was sick and unable to officiate.

We tried to find another referee at short notice past the scheduled kick-off - yet to no avail.

No ARs were appointed to this match.

The clubs chose to postpone the match and will likely replay it mid-week or on Saturday 27 July several weeks before the semi-final on 10 August.
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Post by dash riprock »

chelsea wrote:Squeezy - Only a referee was allocated to this game. A request was made for linesmen but none were allocated. So only one person didnt arrive for whatever reason. I am sure Windsor and Mt Barker might know as they would of been in contact with the league. If there is no reason yet then the CSL will follow up with FFSA.
You complain about loading teams and then a second later you are saying that if you knew the 2A was goining to go ahead you would have loaded your teams.
Not sure what you talking about in regards to Refs. Only one was meant to travel between grounds unless there were some late changes which resulted in a shuffle.
Now the ref that was meant to be at the Cup game is a very good ref and a gentleman. His not the type that would stuff anyone around so therefore there must be a good reason he didnt come or something was lost in communication.
The clubs also could have played the game out with club refs. Not the best option but an option.
In defence of SCP's statement,
1- Linesmen requested and no feedback on allocation or not. No one at our club knew of this one way or the other. We have had linesmen befor ethis season and do not get formal feedback they were coming so we merely assumed it was 'on' as any one worth a dollar would have contacted us to tell us the request had been 'denied' - or is that asking too much?
2- the ref in the Div 5 Pembroke game came from Rostrevor as stated prior - NOT all refs do just the CSL
3 - No complaint about loaded teams - its allowed within the rules of the game. Just reinforcing the point of how crap it is having our best players sat on their arses 70+ k's from home becasue of poor communication. I think thats fair statement unless you fancy paying everyones petrol money? They didn't even get a chance to play in one of our other teams which equates to an expensive, waste of a day...
4 - Nothing was lost in communication - there was non, zero, zip, bugger all.... Am not dispuuting the integrity of the ref in question but am annoyed at the fact NO ONE at any level, at any time communicated anything about this. Only the QF of the cup after all.
5 - With all respect - Very few would play the QF of the cup with a club ref.... it was an option but so was getting one of the requested linesmen to fill in.....
The lack of refs is a problem I whole heartedley understand and buy into but the lack of communication can be fixed easily. IF we knew of the issue, we could have asked a DIv 5 ref maybe to do the important game rather than travelling across the city but it all comes down to communicatuion.
Cue the defenders of the realm..........
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Post by dash riprock »

divineponytail wrote:How hard is it for president's of each club to have the contact details of the referee to confirm Saturday morning if they are still attending the match ?? This is such a simple task which ultimately would resolve a lot of the issues the league faces.

Alternatively, how f**ken hard is it for refs to contact the teams to say something has come up and they can't make it ???
Easy on both accounts.
1 - the president or other needs to be given the refs phone number ( isnt avaialble currently)
2 - I see this as base manners and communication. If a ref is sick / can't communicate then the FFSA should do it on their behalf.
As a positive... the ref we had for our Div 5 game phoned up both clubs to tell them he would be late..... how easy was that! Respect to him and having the ability / sense to make sure the teams were aware of an issue. He apprently went on the collegiate website and rang the contact numbers on there! Its like a well thought out plan ;)
nobody

Post by nobody »

This is how I understand the story....
No referee for the cup quarter final yet every other catch up game had a ref. The csl were notified Saturday afternoon that the ref was sick. The csl wasn't able to contact any of the referees officiating other csl games to make a swap, due to the importance of the cup game. The csl's hands are tied and are relying on the organisational skills of the ffsa to ensure the referee situation is under control.
I think the problem is clear....the system is shit.

If the referee was sick he could have rang the csl president in the morning notifying him of the problem. The csl could then refer to the allocated list of referees for the day(if this was provided) and make a call to pull a referee from another game to do the cup game.
Problem solved.
But this is too simple and obvious for it to work.