CSL Showdown 1A - Pembroke v Unley

chelsea

Post by chelsea »

The biggest game of the weekend, 1st v 2nd.

Last time these teams met it was a 1-0 win to Unley at home. M Weaver scorer on the day.

Unley are coming into the game after 2 very strong results. 3-2 win over Grads Red and 4-1 win over Mercedes. Unley got off to a slow start in the first third of the season but have been solid in the 2nd third.
Unley - 1st third - 2 wins / 2 draw / 2 lose - 8pts from 18pts
Unley - 2nd third - 5 wins / 1 draw - 16pts from 18pts

2nd best defensive record in the league - 15 goals against.

Turning point of the season was when they lost to Rostrevor 3 in the cup. Rostrevor 3 have a strong team but it was a bad day for Unley. Whatever was said by the coach after that day has worked.

Pembroke are coming into the game after some shaky results. 3-2 win over Westminster and a huge lose to Regency 7-1. Something that would of surprised many and wanting an explanation. However they have been very consistent in both thirds which has got them to the top.

Pembroke - 1st third - 5 wins / 1 lose - which was to Unley - 15pts from 18pts
Pembroke - 2nd third - 4 wins / 2 lose - 12pts from 18pts

Pembroke have the best attacking power - 31 goals scored. 4th best defensive but take away the horror day against Regency and they would be the best.

All clubs will be jumping on the Unley bandwagon this week. They all want Unley to win so Pembroke doesnt create a larger lead at the top.

Pembroke want revenge and get their season back on track for the title.

Big game. These teams play tough but normally fair so I dont expect another abandoned game.

Good Luck!!

Very hard to tip - I will sit on the fence. 1-1
cruie

Re: CSL Showdown 1A - Pembroke v Unley

Post by cruie »

Nice bit of fence sitting that, Mr Chelski

3-3 - Must have been a cracker?
Piker

Post by Piker »

end to end game. was certainly a day of penalties. 5 given acrsos the 1A and 1B games, however, it must be said that the ref was 100% spot on with every call.

Pemrboke missed the one penalty in the 1B game from a superb save from the unley GK which could be massive in the 1B comp.

4 pens in the 1A game. 1 for pembroke (scored) and 3 for unley (all scored).

a fairly even first half, pembroke on top for the first 20 of the second half and then unley rained down a barrage in the last 15 including scoring 2 pens and rattling the woodwork twice in the last 5-10 minutes.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

It was a great game played in good spirits. I don't share the view that every penalty decision in the 1A game was "100% spot on", but with 3 of them being awarded against my team that's hardly surprising and I'll leave it at that. Credit to the Unley players and it was an impressive effort from the bloke who took all 3 penalties and scored them all.

5 games left (or 7 games for Regency), 5 teams still pushing for the title and no doubt plenty of excitement ahead.
adelaidegreen

Post by adelaidegreen »

All pens were correct! No doubt about it.