Windsor P16 - 32pts
Mt Barker P15 - 31pts
North City P15 - 29pts

Mt Barker to win on goal difference from Immanuel
Dizzle
Current Club: Westminster

Re: WOW Div 2a is anybodys

Post by Dizzle »

Has it been decided the 3rd place team to go up to Div 1 if WG finish top 2? Or only 1 team to get relegated from Div 1?
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

from my memory of the meeting at the start of the year it was agreed that two would go up. So if Windsor and Scotch finished two 2 and couldnt field two 2 teams in 2014 then 3rd and 4th would go up only if those clubs had 2 teams. That is my memory of the meeting. Windsor and Scotch to also not play in Div 2A in 2014 unless they had 2 teams.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

There was lots of debate about this issue at the CSL AGM on 26/2/13. My recollection was the same as what Chelsea said, but I just checked my notes from the AGM and they say that the following motions were passed:

1. If a one-team club finishes in the promotion spots in division 2A in 2013 they cannot be promoted, even if they form 2 teams by 2014; and
2. If a one-team club(s) finishes in the promotion spots in division 2A in 2013 , the 3rd place team (and potentially the 4th place team) are to be offered the second promotion spot, but they do not have to accept it.

So that means that if Windsor finish in the top 2 they cannot be promoted and the 3rd place team is not obliged to be promoted unless it agrees to be. Presumably in that sitaution the 3rd place team would need to decide very soon after the season finishes, so that Westminster would know whether they have been relegated or not.

I note that the draft minutes from the AGM are yet to be formally accepted.
Dizzle
Current Club: Westminster

Post by Dizzle »

3rd team knocks it back, does that offer get extended to the 4th team also? Raises the unknown question, who'd be more competitive in Div 1, the team who finishes 2nd bottom or potentially the 4th ranked team in Div 2
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Post by Zorro's best mate »

Its a difficult question which needs utter clarity.
Direct answer to Dizzle, the 3rd ranked team and its relative strengths compared to next to bottom of Div 1 really depends on the team!
Having seen most of the 2A sides and a majority of 1A teams at some point this season, I reckon Windsor and the Mount Barker team of the second half of this season are both capable of mixing it in the Div1 arena.... Neither will push top 4 or anything like that but they will be competitive. Immanuel are a different kettle of fish. They, like Westminster last season have been awfully consistent and strong throughout the season hnece they have been at the top of the ladder for a while. Not sure they have that X factor beyond that to be as compettive as WG and Barker though as much as the logic defies the current positions. Westminster were the same last year, without peers in 2A other than WG and they have had a tough season and maybe back which is a shame for them. I am mch clearer that 4th place in 2A wil have no chance in Div 1 unles we have a full on tank from WG or Barker to allow North City in to the top 3 (ain't going to happen!) . North City are not capapble of Div 1 in my huble opinion.
Coming the other way, UniSA have been woeful and the season will really have knocked the stuffing out of them and I can see mid table next season. Westminster and Uni Whites.... As good as any of the top 4 2A teams on there day and better than North City!
I am hoping that the top 2 teams go upand that WG (if they make it) are offered the chance..... 3rd spot doesn't deserve promotion (sounds heartless but... its true!) but I would be suprised if any 3rd placed team didnt take the challenge. Beyond 3rd spot.. hopefully we don't get to that!!
The final positions will be decided this weekend in a blockbuster 2A set of fixtures with WG and Immanuel going head to head and Barker taking on the unpredictable Pulteney. IF WG and Barker win, then top 2 places will be Immanuel and Barker.If they don't, will be an intersting last weekend :)
baggieboy

Post by baggieboy »

Wincer Gardens are finished, will be worse next year and would struggle in div one if the were to go up.

Mount barker and immanuel are clearly the best two teams and will both get promoted.

Still cant believe how poor Norwood have been, got guns everywhere...
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Post by hanners »

Mt Barker saw off CBC 7-1 last night.

Immanuel 37 pts +23
Barker 34pts +36
Windsor 32 pts +25

Massive finish to the season over the next 2 weeks. Good luck all.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Congratulations to Immanuel on winning the 2A
title. A great win over Windsor to do it in style.

Will be an interesting last week to decide the other
promotion spot.
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Post by Zorro's best mate »

Exceptionally well done Immanuel! You don't win titles if you don't deserve it!
I thought WG would have come back strong BUT the suspension of 2 players was the final nail in this seasons coffin for them. They have played poorly all season when missing key players and their disciplinary record this year is pretty awful for such talented fella's and maybe thats a sign of their age / getting frustrated?
Second spot is now up for grabs but I can't see Barker not grabbing the 3 points with aplomb at home to Grads Blue who once again, can't wait for the season to end I reckon! The only chance Windsor or North City have of 'stealing' second spot is if they win by over 10 goals as Mt Barker seem to have strong GD.
Having said that, the games have to be won and each team will have to make sure they get the 3 points and fingers crossed for a slip up elsewhere..... You never know... an unlucky red card early doors and the assumed result may not as safe!
Great end to a competitive season and good luck to Immanuel in Div1.... They and their Div2 promotion partners wil need it!!