Current Club: mount barker soccer club

WOW Div 2a is anybodys

Post by crusader »

Check out div 2a its getting tight
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Re: WOW Div 2a is anybodys

Post by Zorro's best mate »

Realistically its a 4 way tussle with Pulteney being just too far gone to challenge now I think.
Immanuel -
Lost on Saturday and have gone from Certs to be catchable. Points on the board are gold at this time of the year though. Big game against WG may decide their position but I reckon they may have just coughed up the title this weekend.
North City -
Still gettng the results but not the big wins of earlier. Their game against Mt Barker will define their final position in what will be a huge 6 pointer.
WG -
Not the force they were last year although I reckon the contenders have stepped up rather than a WG drop off. Always hard to beat but have coughed up points against the starngest of opposition.
Mt Barker - Games in hand means they may come from behind unoticed. Could also be their undoing as 2 catch ups in 4 weeks makes for a real test of their depth / fitness. North City game will make or break their promotion hopes but the catch up games may undermine them.
Predcition
1st WG - WIll beat Immanuel and have easy games to finish the season off.... Pulteney is there only other banana skin
2nd Immanuel - They will drop off top after the WG game but will win the other 3 so are not catchable
3rd - Mt Barker - Will beat North City but have too much to make up against the others. Extra games will lead to a slip up somewhere
4th North City - Barker game will relegate them to 4th

BIG QUESTION
IF WG end up top/ 2nd, are they going up?
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

or 2nd and 3 rd maybe
hanners
Current Club: CSL Div 1

Post by hanners »

This is how I see the finish with the games that everyone has.

Immanuel will get a further 9 points.
WG a further 10 points.
North City a further 7 points.
Pulteney a further 6 points.
Mt.Barker a further 13 points.

So, this will mean the table will finish like this:

Immanuel - 40
WG - 39.
North C - 36.
Mt. Barker - 35.
Pulteney - 29.

That would mean that Immanuel & North C will go up. I think WG were told to get a reserves team or Div 3 for them with Scotch to follow the same rules. (Torrens Valley & Gleeson want to join with 2+ teams each).

Hope WG to get a 2nd team and then they can play in a division they belong. Wont be easy for them, but will still be in the top 5. North city will struggle and do a YOYO like Westminster looks like doing. Immanuel would be a mid table type team.

Good luck to all teams involved and points make prizes!!

Bob.
Zorro's best mate

Hey Bob,
Not sure where WG will lose any points in their last 4 games (if they can keep everyone on the pitch ;)) other than the Immanuel blockbuster.
Having said that, a slip from any of the top 4 and there is someone else waiting to pounce... very exciting!
Gleeson and Torrens Valley as potentilas in Div 2 would be excellent as it would step the standard up another notch and bring some fresh blood via established clubs into the competition. Gleeson have 3 teams, all of whom are usually competitive so Div 3 / 4 wll also gain a couple of teams (maybe WG, Scotch and a Glesson team?) which will take them nearly to 10 club divs which is perfect!
Hope WG do take their place in 1a as the end of this 2A season would be less rewarding all round if a third place team went up (and subsequently down again after being battered each week!!). WG would hold there own in 1A unlike North City (who are unknown in terms of retention /. attraction of players) and poor old Westminster who look as though they threw the towel in at the weekend.
I'll go with Bobs top 4 BUT I reckon Mt Barker may just slip into 3rd ahead of North City IF they win the head to head in a few weeks time.
cruie

Post by cruie »

Barker will - almost certainly - have to win every game from 'ere to go up. That's a big ask. But they do go up if they do win every game.
And it's harsh to write off Pultney - people above - They have a game in hand and have to play Barker twice and Gardens once.

If results this Saturday (24th) go as one would expect, then (with my Kevin Keegan wig on) the following week is massive for Barker and Pultney. The catchup game between those two is next week and then Barker play North City on the Saturday, while Pultney host Gardens the same day.

So, by 5pm on 31st August, the picture will be a lot clearer (probably).

Gardens wins against Pultney and Immanuel would seal the title for them
North City probably have the easiest run in. Although 3 of their 4 games are away from home. Their big game against Barker in a fortnight, and if they can play-away, they should be up if they win that.
Which leaves Immanuel and their decider with Gardens. They've had a couple of little wobbles during the season - but have been top for almost all of it - no more and they will be going back up.

All that said, there's still 20% of the season to go. Come on, who makes predictions that far out!! ;)

(What we need on 'ere is one of those BBC Predictor thingies ... Hours of fun ... Get it sorted, Joe?!)
boots
Current Club: Blacks

Post by boots »

yeah joe, that's why we pay you the big bucks!
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Windsor to win the league, as long as they don't get their favourite referee again. Windsor to then refuse to form 2 teams and join the SAASL or the Masters instead.

Immanuel and Mt Barker to finish 2nd and 3rd and be promoted. Would make for some longer road trips for the big boys next season. North City would be an interesting road trip for the div 1 teams if they went up too!
Zorro's best mate

I reckon I wasn't too far off the mark!!
WG sliped on the Pulteney banana skin and now the game against Immanuel is an absolute blockbuster, winner takes it all, make or break and other such over exaggerations!
Immanuel are doing what they need to do... win their games and the final positions will come down to the big game against WG.
I reckon WG might just shade it as a reaction to an unexpected loss.
The champions MIGHT come form behind with a late run...
Mt Barker have just pulled off an excellent string of results, culminating in 9 (nine... really?) nil thrashing of North City who were right in contention till this round. Add to that a 6-1 win against Pulteney mid week and they are the form team.
IF WG beat Immanuel, My money now shifts to Barker taking the title with only CBC, Grads Blue and a potential dead rubber against Pulteney to go.
North City have gone... don't know whats happened buy 9-0 is not in line with the prior 15 games
WG can only win their last 2 games and hope the others slip
Immanuel will win their last 2 games but will have a titanic struggle with Gardens
Barker will win their last 3 games AND their goal difference has just become worth an extra point unless Immanuel can score 11 more goals (net) in the last games (unlikely)
SO, get down to the Immanuel v WG game and watch the title race take shape!!
Either way, Immanuel and Mt Barker to go up REGARDLESS of the result, the game will only decide what order the 2 teams end up.
Great end to a 2A season that has showcased a new depth to the league :)
cruie

Post by cruie »

Zorro's best mate wrote:I reckon I wasn't too far off the mark!!
WG sliped on the Pulteney banana skin and now the game against Immanuel is an absolute blockbuster, winner takes it all, make or break and other such over exaggerations!
Immanuel are doing what they need to do... win their games and the final positions will come down to the big game against WG.
I reckon WG might just shade it as a reaction to an unexpected loss.
The champions MIGHT come form behind with a late run...
Mt Barker have just pulled off an excellent string of results, culminating in 9 (nine... really?) nil thrashing of North City who were right in contention till this round. Add to that a 6-1 win against Pulteney mid week and they are the form team.
IF WG beat Immanuel, My money now shifts to Barker taking the title with only CBC, Grads Blue and a potential dead rubber against Pulteney to go.
North City have gone... don't know whats happened buy 9-0 is not in line with the prior 15 games
WG can only win their last 2 games and hope the others slip
Immanuel will win their last 2 games but will have a titanic struggle with Gardens
Barker will win their last 3 games AND their goal difference has just become worth an extra point unless Immanuel can score 11 more goals (net) in the last games (unlikely)
SO, get down to the Immanuel v WG game and watch the title race take shape!!
Either way, Immanuel and Mt Barker to go up REGARDLESS of the result, the game will only decide what order the 2 teams end up.
Great end to a 2A season that has showcased a new depth to the league :)
North City always seem to struggle the further away from their home a game is to be played. (I did hint up above ;) ). But don't write them off just yet. If they win their game in hand they are level with WG and only the 2 points behind Barker (assuming Barker also win their game in hand).

Still any 2 from 4 to go up. But my Barker prediction still holds true, if they win their last 3 they are up, regardless. Title should go to Immanuel, unless they slip up against WG, which may then hand it to Barker.

We'll know by Saturday evening ...

Be a great last 2 Rounds (plus games in hand); hope they all keep it going into that final weekend.

:)