"Last" Day Drama

cruie

"Last" Day Drama

Post by cruie »

(Probably the last day ... ;) )

Div-1A: Is that a spanner I see SHOC carrying to this game?? But even if that does happen, Eagles (what a brilliant season for them, in only their 2nd year up) have to beat 3rd place 'Trevor to win it.

Should be a fun couple of matches :)

Div-2A: should be sorted, Immanuel already champions (many congratulations), Barker up barring a repeat of the Titanic (entirely possible, I guess). Well done the ' Barker Boys :)

D3: Pembroke and Rostrevor seperated by a point. SHOC again with that spanner over at Pembroke and 'Trevor needing all three points up at 'Barker (should be a crackin' game).

D4: Walk Over by 'Trevor (some record for the season is that!). Team of the Year??

D5: (All of 'Barker waits with bated breath!). 'Barker 4 points clear of Grads Red (who still have 2 to play). A win for 'Barker (against a very, very useful 'Trevor side) and the title is 'Barker's Old Men & Boys ;)

(my apologies to the "B" teams/divisions ...)

Luck to (almost) everyone at the weekend :)
Zorro's best mate
Current Club: Adelaide Olympia

Re: "Last" Day Drama

Post by Zorro's best mate »

Been in the CSL for a while now and have to say well done to Mount Barker as one of the new , non traditonal clubs to get promoiton to Div 1 AND win the inaugral Div 5 title.
Greaty to have on eof the new boys stirring up the staus quo and placing a feather in the cap of the CSL who 'spun the wheel' on a couple of the these new guys,...
Personally, I lve going up that Hill for what is always a tough, uncomprimising battle and look forward to a couple of new teams next season!!
cruie

Re: "Last" Day Drama

Post by cruie »

In the end, not too much drama ... Though I bet there were a few nervous ticks on display?

Congratulations to Pembroke for just doing enough against SHOC (twice!). And congratulations/commiserations to the Eagles for running them so close in 1A and 'Trevor the same in D3.

D2A was all but sorted before KO and nothing silly happened to alter that. Congrats to Immanuel on the title and their promotion back to the top flight, and to 'Barker for (finally) getting there.

I already noted 'Trevor winning D4 at a canter ... and they cemented that by coming from 2 down against 'Barker to get the last gap win on the final day. 19-1-1; some record for the season.

Now just a cup final to look forward to. Reds v Barker was always a good game, a couple of years back in D2, so let's hope for more of the same on Saturday.

Oh ... And bless the D5 "Lads & Dad's" at the 'Barker Boys. The club's first title in ... 30 years? ... No one is quite sure (and currently still too drunk to care ... obviously only those old enough are drunk ;) ) ... We're all delighted for The Wizard and his kiddies :D