Division two

ChrisRogers
Current Club: Scotch

Re: Division two

Post by ChrisRogers »

Livetovolley, way to be constructive on your first post mate. We (at Scotch) had 2 teams a couple of seasons ago and couldn't get consistent numbers so we did the responsible thing and dropped back to 1 team. We (and I get the impression Windsor shares the same view) are happy to play wherever the league feels we best fit in. I don't think this necessarily reflects laziness on our part.

As a vote was had at the AGM, clearly the majority disagrees with you in this instance anyway.
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Post by MickyP21 »

Lol I agree Chris Rogers.... its ridiculous over the top opinions like that, that kill this forum sometimes... I love how he just makes it seem so easy for you guys and Windsor to simply just get another team..... my god... I would love to get a 3rd team at my club but am finding it impossible to even increase our numbers slightly... armchair critic at its best...

Can we seriously lock this thread? The decision has been made by the CSL and no situation was perfect. For everyone to be so over the top critical at the commitee when even this forum is divided about what to do just shows that its impossible to make the absolute right decision about Div2.

As a club actually in Div 2 I honestly could not give a flying you know what who is in Div2, all i know is that we need to win more than everyone else...

So get over it and move on.... christ.........
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Agreed.. lock the thread and lets move on..
livetovolley

Post by livetovolley »

Looking back I do apologise for being so critical. At the time I somewhat wasn't looking at the fact that these are clubs run by volunteers and shouldn't have personally attacked their hard work.

My main point was that when the league asks clubs (all clubs) to try to follow some guidelines that would benefit the league as a whole and give it more structure. That the teams should make an effort to comply with this. I know circumstances make it difficult but I have seen clubs fold, and I hope it doesn't happen to Windsor or Scotch

All in all, sorry to ruffle the feathers and I wish all the clubs in the CSL a good and injury free season.
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Quite off the topic, I remember once that the CSL was flogged for being SA's least competitive team.

Funny enough Windsor, Rostrevor A's, Salisbury VIlla and Adelaide Blue Eagle Amateurs are playing in a pre-season cup.

Guess who are the finalists ???
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

That doesn't surprise me at all!
Good luck :)
cadenza

Post by cadenza »

Thought I'd check this forum out again..

PAOC has actually moved across to the South Australian Amateur Soccer league, far from folded! In fact stronger after our merger with East Adelaide (old Prince Alfred boys as well...)
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Cadenza.

PAOC were effectively taken over, which is a bit dfferent to a merger. Your club had been in decline for years, with a lack of organisers and an inability to attract soccer players who attended Prince Alfred College. You finished bottom of division 2A last year and it had seemingly all got too hard. In effect, a rival PAOC team had been set up in the SAASL and you've now gone to join them with your tail between your legs.

Good luck with your new venture, but don't come on this forum and try to convey a false image that a powerhouse club has left the CSL to seek new pastures in the SAASL. You guys were swallowed up because your club could no longer compete.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas

ha ha ha Ross!
I for one won't miss the broken, short corner flags, the crappiest nets I have ever seen and balls and match balls bought off Ebay....
PAOC were poorly organised but good luck to them in the SAASL.. after a few trial games against SAASL opposition last weekend I quickly remember why we left in the first place.....
hellas

Post by hellas »

Big win for Norwood A team tonight. 7 2 the result good start hopefully we can back it up against Westminster.