Welcoming the new clubs

MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Welcoming the new clubs

Post by MickyP21 »

Im using this post to welcome the new clubs to the CSL and if any clubs play any trial games, maybe post a few paragraphs about their first impressions.

Norwood had their first trial game of pre-season with the new boys Thebarton at Schulze Road Athelstone.

Despite the ref not rocking up (bad sign already) both the A's and B's games were surprisingly very competitive. Thebarton are very much a Regency style club who are made of young guys who have migrated here from other countries, and what they lack in club team cohesion at the moment they make up for in enthusiasm and plenty of running and dribbling.

The club is run very tightly by Evan and Ryan who are terrific guys but they obviously have their hands full with alot of the players not really grasping some of the more basic rules (i.e goalkeepers have to kick the ball out of the 18 yard box, or what a foul throw is), but if the guys can sort out these very minor issues and grow then I really think they can easily match what Regency have done and become very competitive in the Div 2 comp and ultimately competitive in Div 1. Both the A's and B's will win more than their fair share of games if not even sneak into the top 4. Big call I know but they looked good.

A's drew 3-3 in a very quick and energetic match
B's 4-2 for a win for Norwood
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Re: Welcoming the new clubs

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Mount Barker 5th team v Woodside Warriors Div 5
A beautiful day in the hills saw Woodside bring their 24 players for a trial game against a new and very young Barker 5th grade
Good game, plenty of interchange to give the hoardes on both sides a run out and it ended with a 4-3 win to Woodside.
The Mount Barker Div5 team will be a new line up compared to last years title winning team and will be mid table at best. The Div 5 format has allowed us to devleop players last year and stock the higher grade teams with the resultant players which will help Div 4 become more competitive.
Woodside have a good core group and will be competitive in Div5 if they can manage the unusually large number of players!!
Div 5 is the right place for both these teams and good job the CSL didn't move either into a higher grade I reckon