Team Lineups after Cup / Rd 1

Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Re: Team Lineups after Cup / Rd 1

Post by Ross30 »

Provided you are not having to add newly registered players I don't think it's that hard to enter the lineups via an iPhone. That's how I usually upload Pembroke's lineups each week.

I do agree that there is a potential issue with asking more and more of the same few people at each club. Finding anyone willing to help is getting increasingly harder, in my experience. On balance though, I think the benefits of having all the stats on the CSL website should make this particular task worthwhile. It adds interest to the competition and helps both the clubs and the CSL with record keeping.

I definitely agree that the new match sheets are insanely small!

Also, has anyone noticed how in the EPL the players are regularly permitted to have tape or straps on their socks which are different colours to their socks, or undergarments which are not exactly the same shade of colour as their kit? I do not understand FFSA's or the referees' obsession on this point. By all means teams should present themselves neatly, all wear the same kit and avoid colour clashes, etc. But the anal approach on the tape and undergarments issue in CSL games now is mind boggling. Let's halt an amateur soccer game because a player has black or royal blue tape on navy blue socks...
buzzy

!

Post by buzzy »

wojindows wrote:Definitely give me feedback if your club has issues with entering results / lineups. I think it's pretty straightforward, but I'm probably biassed.

I just assumed that clubs would like to have a record of their player stats... but I must be wrong...
Joe, is it possible to get round one opened up temporarily again? I missed out on one of our teams as a coach was slow getting back to me - won't happen again in the future!
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Post by MickyP21 »

The percentage of clubs not doing it (15%) I believe represents the clubs that are run horribly in the league.

While I understand all clubs are run by volunteers and data entry is another task (a effing easy task) its quite obvious that there are clubs that just are simply not run well (check my old PAOC post) so its not surprisingly about the non compliance percentage. Entering the lineups and stats has been set up so well by Joe Windows that it really takes like 2 minutes.... its a great addition to the website and should definitely not be taken away all because a couple of clubs cant get there shit together. Hats off to you Joe.

I love looking up the stats for the league and getting to know the guns (and in case of yellows/red) the dirty players... hehe

It also makes end of season presentations easier because all the stats are there to see and break down.

Whilst I think expanding the league is a great step for the CSL, I believe constant mandatory fines for lazy clubs should be handed out weekly... then it will either be go bankrupt due to non-compliance and fold or get your shit together. We might lose clubs, but at least we will be left with well run clubs and ultimately a better run competition.

There really is no excuse for not doing very easy tasks...
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Thanks for that Micky - appreciate it!
buzzy wrote:Joe, is it possible to get round one opened up temporarily again?
Done Buzz - let me know when you're done. If anyone else needs the same - let me know.
That's it!
Messi#10
Current Club: Sacred Heart

Post by Messi#10 »

Does anyone know how I can enter our stats for todays game? im a registered user but as our regular enterer was sick today I was going to see if I can gain access to enter ours? I play for Shoc's B grade.

Any help would be appreciated.
ChrisRogers
Current Club: Scotch

Post by ChrisRogers »

Hi messi, your club will have a separate login, you'll need to grab that from Joe or your club
wojindows
Site Admin

Post by wojindows »

Messi - ask Michael Cannavan for the login details. And I'll send you the user manual if you need it.
That's it!
Messi#10
Current Club: Sacred Heart

Post by Messi#10 »

Ok thanks guys. Ive texted Michael so when he gives me the login ill do it & if Ive got any probs ill let you know Wojindows.

Thanks guys.
wojindows
Site Admin

Post by wojindows »

I've moved the "Possible Improvements" to a new topic -

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=296

Let me know what you think.
That's it!