Round 3 Tips

katsouranis3

Re: Round 3 Tips

Post by katsouranis3 »

jayts wrote:8 nil win for Rostrevor against rivals Mercedes! Unheard of! Can anybody elaborate?
Also, what's going on down at Grads? 0/3... losing games they'd usually win.
Unley continue to impress, seem to be neat the top each year, Regency a huge contender. Nice to see Uni White up there, can they keep it up though?
It was just a domination by the Rossi Boys against Mercedes, the team is really gelling well together and they really are looking unstoppable at the moment. Big game against Regency this week will be a test and we will see who the front runners are going to be this year.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

katsouranis3 wrote:
jayts wrote:8 nil win for Rostrevor against rivals Mercedes! Unheard of! Can anybody elaborate?
Unley continue to impress, seem to be neat the top each year, Regency a huge contender. Nice to see Uni White up there, can they keep it up though?
It was just a domination by the Rossi Boys against Mercedes, the team is really gelling well together and they really are looking unstoppable at the moment. Big game against Regency this week will be a test and we will see who the front runners are going to be this year.
I have never seen any thing like this in my 15 years playing against Mercedes. I didnt see the game but I can only go by what I am told.

Firstly - Rostrevor are not an 8 goal better side then Mercs. It was a golden day for the Rocs. Every thing went in the back of the net. 3-0 at halftime. Rocs keeper made a couple of good saves in 1st have. One of those goes in and the game changes. Mercedes played the whole game with 11 players but as the game went on and the score got higher they slowly would have dropped their heads.

Hopefully Rocs didnt use all their golden shots in 1 game.

You might as well give Mercedes the Div 3 title now. A good bunch of these guys are Ex A players who have dropped down. If those guys stay there all year then no one will come close. Maybe Mercedes have gone too hard in promoting youth. Experience players are needed even though they have slowed down.

It will be interesting times at Mercedes to see what they do next in regards to player movements.

There is no right answer as the guys in Div 3 have given their club 10+ years of service to their club and deserve to have a social kick on Saturdays together. However when the 1st team is struggling they will come knocking to the older guys.

This is a problem that many clubs face at some stage.

As much as I love seeing the Rocsc beat Mercedes I hope Mercedes can sort themselves out so they are competitive as the best games that I played against them were when they were tough and close. Even when we lost to them we would walk off the pitch knowing that we had just played in one of the toughest games of the year and it could have gone either way.

Hopefully Mercedes dont see another scoreline again like that but I am sure the Div 3 players will be getting a call this week after the club has a few meetings.
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

Rostrevor had a divison 3 team full of ex-A grade players too last year didn't they? Division 3 is a tough league.

Division 1A is a big step up from 2A, that's for sure. Immanuel and Mt Barker are good teams but have 0 points. Grads Red won the cup last year and even they have 0 points. Not sure if they have lost players? New coach?

AUSC White could be dark horses. Nobody seems to be tipping them, but they look well set-up. Unley keep winning close games and should be right up there.
katsouranis3

Post by katsouranis3 »

chelsea wrote:
katsouranis3 wrote:
I have never seen any thing like this in my 15 years playing against Mercedes. I didnt see the game but I can only go by what I am told.

Firstly - Rostrevor are not an 8 goal better side then Mercs. It was a golden day for the Rocs. Every thing went in the back of the net. 3-0 at halftime. Rocs keeper made a couple of good saves in 1st have. One of those goes in and the game changes. Mercedes played the whole game with 11 players but as the game went on and the score got higher they slowly would have dropped their heads.

Hopefully Rocs didnt use all their golden shots in 1 game.

You might as well give Mercedes the Div 3 title now. A good bunch of these guys are Ex A players who have dropped down. If those guys stay there all year then no one will come close. Maybe Mercedes have gone too hard in promoting youth. Experience players are needed even though they have slowed down.

It will be interesting times at Mercedes to see what they do next in regards to player movements.

There is no right answer as the guys in Div 3 have given their club 10+ years of service to their club and deserve to have a social kick on Saturdays together. However when the 1st team is struggling they will come knocking to the older guys.

This is a problem that many clubs face at some stage.

As much as I love seeing the Rocsc beat Mercedes I hope Mercedes can sort themselves out so they are competitive as the best games that I played against them were when they were tough and close. Even when we lost to them we would walk off the pitch knowing that we had just played in one of the toughest games of the year and it could have gone either way.

Hopefully Mercedes dont see another scoreline again like that but I am sure the Div 3 players will be getting a call this week after the club has a few meetings.

Well they have to do something or they will be on the end of a few thrashings like the one on the weekend. They had a few good players but as a whole they did struggle to get any shots on target, especially in the second half. Rocsc's keeper did make a few good saves in the first though.
INTERISTA

Post by INTERISTA »

Last year ROCSC has the best defence in the league only conceding 19 goals in 18 games.
Now they have added some real quality up front. From the 5 goals I saw, 4 of them were from well-constructed team play & one from a poorly defended free kick.
It was a top 4 team putting a mid-table team to the sword.
All clubs have up and down periods - Mercedes are a well organised / competitive club & they'll be back.
It's very early days yet and one bad result doesn’t make or break a season.
Rostrevor was in a similar place 2 - 3 seasons ago.
Regency game this week should be a great game.
Regency having the better of ROCSC last season winning both games.