Whats happening at North City?

Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Whats happening at North City?

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

10 players for the 2A game and then 8 for the 2B game (many of whom had just played a full 90 minutes, short handed against a team as good as WG!!
This isn't the first time they have had this problem already and the games / results are becoming farcical (although I must give the guys who are playing a massive vote of respect for not forfeiting).
Is it just a teething problem for the MC guys or the beginning of the end?
Hopefully the prior....
INTERISTA

Re: Whats happening at North City?

Post by INTERISTA »

Unless they get an immediate influx of players I doubt they will survive the year in their current form of a 2 team club. I wouldn’t say it’s the end, always an option to be a single team club playing in lower division ie. Division 5.
TSCFC Coaches
Current Club: Thebarton Senior College FC

Post by TSCFC Coaches »

North City played on the weekend with 8 players in the Bs and 10 in the As. There was no ground steward or linesman so we provided both. Frustrating. Hats off to the guys that ended up playing in both games for North.
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Post by MickyP21 »

Their B's had 7 players with 4 of them rocking up with 3 minutes to go..... Completely ridiculous game. 17-0
Their A's had 11 with about 5 B players.... 15-1

Good percentage wins I guess.... But did nothing for morale, as you don't really enjoy stupid games like those...
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

So they had ~13 players. It would be better for all if they forfeited their B's for the rest of the year, and tried to have at least one good match per week.
That's it!
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Unfortunately they look as though they are not sustainable as a 2 team club which is a shame.... They will lose all players if they continue on with defeats like the weekend and as Micky said, no one gets anything from a 17 goal eating other than the golden boot race gets distorted on that one result potentially?
\Maybe a topic for discussion tonight although North rarely have an attendee.....