Regency Eagles...cheaters?

Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Re: Regency Eagles...cheaters?

Post by Ross30 »

Regency were charged with, and found guilty of, playing one unregistered player under a false name on 3 occassions this season. The player in question is a stiker for Raiders in the Premier League. He scored 6 goals in the 3 CSL games in question, albeit under different names. Information published on Regency's Facebook page, when contrasted with match sheets from their games, provided the indication that this may be happening. The 3 games were 1A league games vs Pembroke & Rostrevor and a cup game vs CBC 2A's.

My understanding is that the available evidence indicated that the player in question was not playing in Regency's games vs Sacred Heart and Mt Barker, as he was playing for Raiders on those dates. For the other 3 games, he was either suspended or else Raiders did not have a Saturday game.

I understand Crusader's query about whether there may have been more than one unregistered player playing for Regency. But I do not believe any evidence has been provided to that effect. The charges and available evidence related to a single player.

Regency were fined for each of the 3 breaches, in addition to the loss of 8 points and being eliminated from the Collegiate Cup.
White Unicorn

Post by White Unicorn »

The season is therefore blemished. IMO they should have lost all their points and the teams that played against them all get 3-0 wins. Anyway........
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

I wouldnt say the season is blemished. As this has happened so early its only a good thing.
As Ross mentioned the 1 player in question did not play against Mt Barker and SOC. If these clubs have any strong evidence they should present it to the CSL. Unfortunately its difficult, so without evidence the CSL just cant take away all their points. Regency have lost their last 2 games so maybe they are now fielding correct teams. Both games were away and Regency never travel well away from home. They are all most likley shattered after the 8pt deduction which wouldnt help the way they play either.
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

Oh
Last edited by crusader on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Post by MickyP21 »

Well they just lost to Immanuel...... Very suss....
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Got to say what a lot are thinking...
Beating the league leaders last week in style then losing to Immnauel this week is not a normal pattern for any club.
There is something that doesn't smell or sit right with Regency this season...
They have not filled an online team sheet in all season
They have susepnded their facebook page in the last 2 weeks - been live for years but jst happens to go when the spotlight is applied??!
Their results are swinging between the sublime and relegation form......

Something not right but regardless, well done Immanuel on breaking the drought!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Squeezy Cheesey Peas wrote:Got to say what a lot are thinking...
Beating the league leaders last week in style then losing to Immnauel this week is not a normal pattern for any club.
There is something that doesn't smell or sit right with Regency this season...
They have not filled an online team sheet in all season
They have susepnded their facebook page in the last 2 weeks - been live for years but jst happens to go when the spotlight is applied??!
Their results are swinging between the sublime and relegation form......

Something not right but regardless, well done Immanuel on breaking the drought!
Regency did beat Uni White but I have heard no complaints from Uni White. Uni White might of had a bad day.

So by looking at that I think Regency are doing the right thing now. Hopefully!!.

And yes, they do need to update match sheets.
adelaidegreen

Post by adelaidegreen »

I think Whites may have been a defender or 2 short? You never know,Whites chasing the game leaving gaps and Regencys pace may have hurt them? It's a lottery playing them to be honest.
adelaidegreen

Post by adelaidegreen »

And Regencys Facebook is still up and running.
yak

Post by yak »

I watched the Regency v Uni White game - there didn't appear to be any super-stars out there.
Regency took their chances & the Whites struggled a bit with their pace.. Don't think any of the guys were asking questions about the XI that were on the field (or if so i didn't hear about it).